Witness to a robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Dunno how to start liao.......

I was smoking less than an hour ago in front of my aunt's frontyard. Suddenly saw a dark blue Proton Wira driven by three guys. Most likely Malays/Indons.

Suddenly two of them walk out with metal objects(later confirmed by the victims as parangs):sweat: , heading toward to a terrace house located two terraces away. I saw some struggle.....I shouted. And the two men ran back to the car with a bag.

I looked around for something...ended up with two empty flowerpots. Open the gate and chased. It was no time for any actions except throwing at the car with the flowerpots. It smashed the left rear passenger door and maybe slight damage to the window as well. The front passenger door was still opened. I grabbed hold of it. But the driver sped off. :(

The whole incident happened in less than two mins....now it seemed like a lifetime to me. After calming down, I worried for my aunt family. :cry: Coz another two or three more weeks at best. I will be flying back to Melbourne.

These men were quite well built.....and their actions were swift.

I am abit regret now....coz my aunt's family will still be living here. Should I help? I guessed what done is done.

Life SUX :thumbsd:

anyone hurt or anything stolen? it is so rare that being such a safe place, robbers still dare to do this in open public. better call the police. that cracked rear window is definately going to make catching them much easier.

Happened in KL?

at least you did something. if everyone kept mum, then no one will help each other if such things happen. such crimes thrives because the robbers knew that no one will come and help.

just hope that those guys doesn't come back for more trouble. :dunno:

that should be in Malaysia i suppose?

Where is this incident? Is it in Singapore or Malaysia?

Thanks satay16, luckily nobody was hurt in the process....now my adrenaline pumping like shix. The robbers managed to get away with the takings of the day from wholesale market lor. I think the victims went to the police station already.

The whole incidents, I am glad to see there are still some neighbours bother to come out with knives and sticks. There are still caring pple here nevertheless. I hope they are caught...coz the damaged I did was very clear on the door....as I threw the pots so hard. I can hear the beautiful bang :bsmilie:

The robber on the front passenger din dare to even close the door....curled up on the driver lap. Quite chubby the guy...dun really looked tough. :sticktong

Just hope my doing will not bring fears and worries to my aunt niah..... :(

I don't think you need to worry.
They probably don't know exactly which house you came from.
Plus, these are people who had a purpose when they approach the residents of the other terrace house. They were not just angry people randomly attacking people. You merely reminded them that this neighbourhood is not conducive for criminal activities. ;) :thumbsup:

But yup, i suggest you make a police report, if possible.

she ask u tonight sentry issit?

Ya rite, in my vest with D70 and 80-200mm. I will blind them with my SB-800 too.

Just finished interviewed by the police. Asked me did I see the number plate? How to see? Everything happened so fast....I was holding the door...next min, the car shoot off faster than any existing shutter :confused:

My cousin bro just came back, he also saw an attempt to snatch an ang moh lady's handbag last Saturday near Hotel Shangrila. The lady put up a fight and got her handbag back :dunno: Now I wonder should I shouldn't walk around KL anymore. Maybe I should bobby-trapped my camera bag

You did somethings that's right. No use worrying now. Hopefully the police will catch those robbers. :thumbsup:

Benign said:
Ya rite, in my vest with D70 and 80-200mm. I will blind them with my SB-800 too.

Just finished interviewed by the police. Asked me did I see the number plate? How to see? Everything happened so fast....I was holding the door...next min, the car shoot off faster than any existing shutter :confused:

My cousin bro just came back, he also saw an attempt to snatch an ang moh lady's handbag last Saturday near Hotel Shangrila. The lady put up a fight and got her handbag back :dunno: Now I wonder should I shouldn't walk around KL anymore. Maybe I should bobby-trapped my camera bag

Thats the problem with Malaysia...the country is slowly degenerating.. and violent crime is getting bad to worse... Badawi better wake up and see the state the country is in! :thumbsd:

And yes, I'm Malaysian! ;(

Gymrat76 said:
Thats the problem with Malaysia...the country is slowly degenerating.. and violent crime is getting bad to worse... Badawi better wake up and see the state the country is in! :thumbsd:

d reply on papers abt tt assualt on f Doc case on local papers me sic*!! :ipuke:

tt local police v "on" de... :embrass:

I'm very proud of you Benign!

A sad thing it's hard to trace any particular car in Malaysia if you don't produce the number plate.

At least in Singapore, if there is any cars with dented side door and slightly damaged window, it'll be quite a limelight.

Gymrat76 said:

OT: Friend, Badawi is Abdullah's (aka Pak Lah) father.

Sad to see our neighbours degenerated to such a state. Some people now don't even dare to drive across the Causeway for a short stay in JB.

If more Malaysians are as courageous and forecoming as Benign the robbers will not be so blatant in their attacks.

If the government and police can help us. We have to arm ourselves and get the neighbourhood together to protect our homes. Numbers and unity are strenght.

It may not be as simple as it appears. There may be forces around to want to erode Pak Lah's power by creating chaos.

Malaysians could learn from Singapore about smooth transfer of power and the ethos of generations of leadership working together.

it is actually dangerous act, why you try to fight with them when u know they have parangs? you should just stay calm..and read the car plate number..

life is precious..you have impulsively put yourself on risks.

LENS said:
it is actually dangerous act, why you try to fight with them when u know they have parangs? you should just stay calm..and read the car plate number..

life is precious..you have impulsively put yourself on risks.

he is brave... but den he din know its parang after that, besides, he got the element of surprise upon them, if they are not, they would have came over with their parangs and most likely we won't get to have this discussion...

sometimes, during such case, u will know what u really are... its upon that moment of blanks, that your body do what your sub-conscious thinks... if a person is weak, i guess their sub-conscious would be to run or keep quiet & shiver... so our benign tumour here is not cancerous.. hehe... he picked up 2 pots & throw at them, and i wonder who's pot are those... lucky there wasn't 2 DSLR lying around... or 300mm f2.8s... :bsmilie:

Ola said:
Hopefully the police will catch those robbers. :thumbsup:
Fat hope ........... the Malaysian police is soooooooooooooooooo useless .........:thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.