Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
I wed u.

yes, i'm cheap!!

which do u all prefer, and any other comments too!

Colour

costumerings.jpg

Sepia

costumeringstone.jpg

Black & White

costumeringsbw.jpg

Personally I like B&W but because of the background (the sponge material) there is not a lot of contrast. So the Sepia one looks nicer.

Nice DOF though....and sharp image.

I prefer the coloured 1...
Coz I think the green colour is a plus point.
& such modern jewelery accessories shouldn't be in traditional colours...

Just my 0.02$

jOhO said:
wah so diversified! ehehhe anymore? :D

Eh, sepia should be more....

I like the color one.. Probably because you can see the "person" choice of color. I.e; why did he pick red instead of blue or green? :)

OzOn3 said:
I like the color one.. Probably because you can see the "person" choice of color. I.e; why did he pick red instead of blue or green? :)
ahhaha well if i must know, it's becos if i picked any other ring, there would be a distracting background. the tray of rings is not that big... :bsmilie:

Hahaha.. no, i was refering to the "person", not the photographer. As in, your title is "with this ring, i wed you" right? So color can probably give an idea of the color that "he" likes.. :D

Hope that's not too confusing.. :D

OT: You shot that in a shop ar? Shop keeper dun mind?

OzOn3 said:
Hahaha.. no, i was refering to the "person", not the photographer. As in, your title is "with this ring, i wed you" right? So color can probably give an idea of the color that "he" likes.. :D

Hope that's not too confusing.. :D

OT: You shot that in a shop ar? Shop keeper dun mind?
oh ahhaha really lateral thinking.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i shot this at one of those "streetside" stalls at clarke quay..

the shop keeper was busy chatting to another shop keeper ahah..

Haha.. I saw this thread already.. Yeah, his equipment is definately in tip-top condition! But i can't bear to spend that amount ar.. I'm actually looking at another CSer's D30.. PMed him but he never reply.. :'(

OzOn3 said:
Haha.. I saw this thread already.. Yeah, his equipment is definately in tip-top condition! But i can't bear to spend that amount ar.. I'm actually looking at another CSer's D30.. PMed him but he never reply.. :'(
cheaper??

if i sell my cam i can get his.. and a VERY cheap lens... :bsmilie:

but aiyah.. relac on that man.. now VERY the financially dry...

Yeah.. He letting his D30 off at $900. Maybe he changed his mind about the price.. That's why never reply.. But then again, he might be busy.. So i guess i'll wait until tomorrow.. Then i'll get the EOS 300! No D! Just 300! Hahaha.. =x

What camera you using?? EOS 1Ds? :p

OzOn3 said:
Yeah.. He letting his D30 off at $900. Maybe he changed his mind about the price.. That's why never reply.. But then again, he might be busy.. So i guess i'll wait until tomorrow.. Then i'll get the EOS 300! No D! Just 300! Hahaha.. =x

What camera you using?? EOS 1Ds? :p
nonono i using 2Ds... u dunno meh? i'm the only one in the world that got it.. :blah:

10fps max 50 RAW frames... steam hor? :sweat:

how come u wanna go film if u thinking of buying dslr in the first place?

wtf. 10 FPS. Steam? AH BER DEN!? HAHAHA.. =x

w00t! Great that someone has asked me! :D

I was thinking of going full Digital (Got A70 and EOS 888 =x ), i.e; D30, but then, if i go digital, i can print slides, cannot project to my friends my pictures. And somehow, i feel that taking pictures in Digital not as satisfying as taking on film. On film, there's this certain amount of "aniticipation". You'll only know how good your shots are after they're developed. Or how bad.

But anyway, my main draw to Digital is the Cost factor for me. Can choose the photos i want to print. Save money on film. Can snap like mad and no one will complain. Ok, maybe not no one, but not many will complain :D

For film, can develop into slides. Can project and wow friends/family if picture is ub3r good. B&W films does feel good aye? aye? hahaha. using Film gives the anticipation. And each click of the shutter is approximately $0.23.. So this will make you more conscious of your shot. Digital can shoot till the cows come home, money also won't run :D

Basically that's the main draw.. Got others ar.. But no, it's gonna make this MY thread instead of YOURS.. :p

OzOn3 said:
wtf. 10 FPS. Steam? AH BER DEN!? HAHAHA.. =x

w00t! Great that someone has asked me! :D

I was thinking of going full Digital (Got A70 and EOS 888 =x ), i.e; D30, but then, if i go digital, i can print slides, cannot project to my friends my pictures. And somehow, i feel that taking pictures in Digital not as satisfying as taking on film. On film, there's this certain amount of "aniticipation". You'll only know how good your shots are after they're developed. Or how bad.

But anyway, my main draw to Digital is the Cost factor for me. Can choose the photos i want to print. Save money on film. Can snap like mad and no one will complain. Ok, maybe not no one, but not many will complain :D

For film, can develop into slides. Can project and wow friends/family if picture is ub3r good. B&W films does feel good aye? aye? hahaha. using Film gives the anticipation. And each click of the shutter is approximately $0.23.. So this will make you more conscious of your shot. Digital can shoot till the cows come home, money also won't run :D

Basically that's the main draw.. Got others ar.. But no, it's gonna make this MY thread instead of YOURS.. :p
aiyah no worries... ur thread my thread it's cheap lar... hahahaa

i dun think i could ever go film... i think it's becos i started off on digital, and i love the digital darkroom too much to let the lab touch my film. also the anticipation is appreciated by u.. but not by me ahahh i cannot wait that long! not to mention i'm too nuah to go to the lab to get my rolls processed so that makes it even longer to wait. i'm definitely not a purist type photographer where film is the way to go (no doubt the colour gamut and resolution etc etc of film is better) i still consider myself a newbie and anything that makes photographing more convenient would be my choice. of course u mentioned cost, which is also very important. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.