with my canon 50mm f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time: 0900-1200hrs
Canon 1000D with 50mm f1.8

here are some pictures for you guys to look see look see...

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

nice!... very good.. im gonna get that lens too... gst money coming soon!

nice!... very good.. im gonna get that lens too... gst money coming soon!

It isn't exactly good... Not too bad. Yes, this lens is sharp, gives you DOF. Do make use of it to actually make your subject stand out. From these shots, it is like there's no subject.

Keep it up though! :D

shots are not bad, however they are somehow feeling empty... it seems that you are playing with the bokeh... did you take your shots at f/1.8? your copy of the lens is quite sharp compared to mine!

shots are not bad, however they are somehow feeling empty... it seems that you are playing with the bokeh... did you take your shots at f/1.8? your copy of the lens is quite sharp compared to mine!

hello bro :) yes i took it with my f/1.8. Erhmm, i don't know whether this helps or not, but i jacked up abit of sharpness on my dslr..

Last edited:
yeah. Don't get too caught up with the thin DOF from this lens, and concentrate solely on that. Quite addictive, I have to admit, especially if you're an upgrader from PnS/Prosumer.
You need to have a distinct subject, and then the background must be totally blurred out, or distinct enough to make out what it is, yet not sharp enough to be distracting.
Example: Portrait of a construction worker. Subject is sharp, and in the background you can still make out a crane or something. This gives the photo some context. Like it's telling a story.

Or else a totally uniform and blur background. e.g. the styles you see in macro photography. Insect sharp, and a blur of green behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.