with Lumix -> Stitched photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinlg

Jun 21, 2004
I noticed Lumix cameras do not have the Panorama assistant to help you position your shots..

Canon has such a feature, and the camera names the filenames such that the bundled software can stitched them easily.

How would one use Lumix cameras to shoot those stitched scenary seamlessly?

a powerful and full version of pamorama stitching software is provided with all lumix digicams in the installer CD.

sinlg said:
I noticed Lumix cameras do not have the Panorama assistant to help you position your shots..

Canon has such a feature, and the camera names the filenames such that the bundled software can stitched them easily.

How would one use Lumix cameras to shoot those stitched scenary seamlessly?
sinlg,
Lumix doesn't has pano assistant. but it came with an useful software for pano as mentioned by tao.

Normally, I would take series of pics, each overlapping slightly. Then use the software to stitch. It's quite simple to use. Results quite good too! :D

Thanks,

I think it must be the ArcSoft stuff. I have not installed anything from the CD provided. Not sure if ArcSoft provides a better stitching solution.

I've used several software before, like pixmaker, photostitch, quickstitch, Realviz and a few others. None which are easy to use, and yields different results for different types of photos.

Generally, the problem I fine is such.. let say I took 4 pics from left to right

pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4

after stitching, I need to crop, and often then not, I've lost alot of height to the pic because of alignment.

I'm just wondering if I could take more pics and stitch more height :

pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4

pic5 pic6 pic7 pic8

But without an assistant, it's hard to position the second row of pics.

any recommendations?

Use a tripod... Shouldn't go wrong... ;)

Not sure about the rest, but when I take panas, I try not to overlap too much. It tends to confuse the software sometimes...

Hello,

I typically try to overlap 33% (one third) of the pic with the next pic. I think from left to right perspective, this is still do-able by estimation. But for the second row, a little harder. Canon's on screen assistant would help this by guiding you through the overlaps

pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4
pic8 pic7 pic6 pic5

Even with a tripot, this would be hard to achieve.

Steve

sinlg said:
Thanks,

I think it must be the ArcSoft stuff. I have not installed anything from the CD provided. Not sure if ArcSoft provides a better stitching solution.

I've used several software before, like pixmaker, photostitch, quickstitch, Realviz and a few others. None which are easy to use, and yields different results for different types of photos.

Generally, the problem I fine is such.. let say I took 4 pics from left to right

pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4

after stitching, I need to crop, and often then not, I've lost alot of height to the pic because of alignment.

I'm just wondering if I could take more pics and stitch more height :

pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4

pic5 pic6 pic7 pic8

But without an assistant, it's hard to position the second row of pics.

any recommendations?

I think you are trying something that I tried the other time months back. What I had done was taken 3 rows, and hopefully there will be 1 panorama software that is powerful enough to do the stitching for me.

Well, till today, I have yet to find a panorama software that is as powerful as I think it should be.

If you ever come across something that can really do it, please let me know...my 3 rows of images are still staying in my hard disk drive, patiently waiting for a solution. :(

JimDavis said:
I think you are trying something that I tried the other time months back. What I had done was taken 3 rows, and hopefully there will be 1 panorama software that is powerful enough to do the stitching for me.

Well, till today, I have yet to find a panorama software that is as powerful as I think it should be.

If you ever come across something that can really do it, please let me know...my 3 rows of images are still staying in my hard disk drive, patiently waiting for a solution. :(

The Arcsoft program should be able to do it. There's an option for it.

natnivek said:
The Arcsoft program should be able to do it. There's an option for it.

These are the programs that I tried without any success:

1. Arcsoft
2. Panorama Factory
3. Panorama Studio
4. Photoshop CS

Try photoshop elements.

try www.ptgui.com
it's relatively easy to use, and you get a lot of control over how to stitch
but its really costly.....

LifeWorld said:
Wah! Very beautiful shot. :thumbsup:

The realviz can stitch two rows of pano? I have tried Panorama maker, it can't. It only stitches one row.
Must download to try. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Why you guys say cannot ah? I thought can? It gives the option of stitching horizontal, vertical AND multiple... :dunno:

natnivek said:
Why you guys say cannot ah? I thought can? It gives the option of stitching horizontal, vertical AND multiple... :dunno:

Have you tried it?

I have photos that are taken 10 shots in one row, total of 3 rows, which means total of 30 photos, tried already, cannot mean cannot.

If you dun believe, we can arrange, and I will pass you the 30 photos, you try out for me. Maybe it is due to the fact that I dunno how to use it. :dunno:

LifeWorld said:
Wah! Very beautiful shot. :thumbsup:

The realviz can stitch two rows of pano? I have tried Panorama maker, it can't. It only stitches one row.
Must download to try. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Thanks. Realviz can stitch multiple rows. If your rotate at the nodal point, you should not have any issue on stitching your shots.

megaweb said:
Thanks. Realviz can stitch multiple rows. If your rotate at the nodal point, you should not have any issue on stitching your shots.

Hey megaweb, Thanks for tip. :D
One more qn, do you stitch all at one go or stitch individual row first, then save it and stitch both rows?

JimDavis said:
Have you tried it?

I have photos that are taken 10 shots in one row, total of 3 rows, which means total of 30 photos, tried already, cannot mean cannot.

If you dun believe, we can arrange, and I will pass you the 30 photos, you try out for me. Maybe it is due to the fact that I dunno how to use it. :dunno:

Wah 30 pics, take very long time to stitch.
Kelvin, PM cannot do multiple rows la!

LifeWorld said:
Hey megaweb, Thanks for tip. :D
One more qn, do you stitch all at one go or stitch individual row first, then save it and stitch both rows?
1 by 1 manually.

Same... PM can't stitch rows together. But you can do it pic by pic (As far as my memory serves me). Will go home and try... Going school now. Keep you posted yah?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.