Wishes For Japan - ClubSNAP Photo Fund Raising Project - Calling For Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
We will be organizing a Fund Raising Project to run over 3 weekends (Sat /Sun ) Starting 26 Mar 2011. To raise funds for Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Victim.

Date : 26 Mar/27 Mar, 2/3 Apr, 9/10 Apr
Timing: 11- 8pm on Sat and 11 - 6pm on Sun

Concept: Similar to the Ganbatte Nippon! - You Can Do It Japan concept except that:

Instant Printing of 4R and uploading to a "ClubSNAP - Wishes for Japan" facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ganbatte-Japan-Wishes-from-Singapore/118149664930090?sk=wall
The proposal is to have a few teams of photographers to be located Orchard Centre Mall, and approach visitors, tourists and fellow Singaporeans to write their wishes for the victims in Japan on a blackboard and to have their photos taken and printed instantly. The clients will give their donation of $10 directly to the Mercy Relief Collect can while collecting their photos from a centralized printing location.

The Project will run for 3 weekends (Saturday and Sunday).

Details of Discussion
Collection
(1) Each 4R photo will cost $10.
(2) Target to raise at least $30,000 which average out to be at least 3,000 photos needed.
(3) Average of 500 photos per day (over 3 weekends – Sat and Sun)

The following Organizations have kindly offered to sponsor us in venue and also in supplies and equipment and $ for this project.

1. Far East Organisation - For use of space and fund raising in their shopping complex

2. Noritsu - For the loan of the IP64 instant 4R printers and also consumables

3. Nikon Singapore - For loan of their photo equipment and camera.

I will be also providing my Noritsu IP64, tables, cable rolls extension cord, 2 routers and a laptop with XP OS and 1 x WT4

We URGENTLY need ppl in the executive committee for the following task:

Personel:

1. IT expert :

a. to configure a WiFi so that images can be transferred from about 3-4 cameras to a computer to be distributed to 2 printers for instant printing.

b. To configure in Facebook a site where we can post images taken immediately into it.

2. Personnel in manning and operations

a. At least 4 persons (in shift) and one overall in charge - to take charge of the downloading, printing stations, uploading to facebook and the donation box .

b. One overall in charge with at least 4 persons to take charge of the photographers taking pictures as well as the white boards and markers.

c. One person with at least 4 others to take charge of the logistic of the operations

We need transport and a small space to store the equipment at the end of the day.

Also need At least 2 laptop with XP OS to run the printing for the Noritsu Instant machine.

2. A exhibition stand to post the posters and some photos sample and some banner. 4 x Posters, banner?

We will be creating a separate Forum to post all announcement on this subject.

Please if you have any lobangs or things or even time to help out in this cause as a photography community in Singapore. We need you

You can PM or best email me me or reply in this thread.

Last edited:
We are conducting a Recce at Orchard Central - TOMORROW 20 Mar 3pm at Burger King @ 3pm

Let me know if you can come to meet and join our meeting

Let us together make this project happen

chng first up

"To configure in Facebook a site where we can post images taken immediately into it."

i think this shld be easy. i can try make a trial version and see how it goes about. can i get back to u in.... 30 min? i'll see if i can get a sample done:)

i'm on helping this. let me know how i can help out:)

chng first up

"To configure in Facebook a site where we can post images taken immediately into it."

i think this shld be easy. i can try make a trial version and see how it goes about. can i get back to u in.... 30 min? i'll see if i can get a sample done:)

i'm on helping this. let me know how i can help out:)

you free to meet tomorrow it will be great thanks. We need all the help we can thanks

next sun i might be able to but not confirm yet .. so i put my name down first? can contact me at 93676029

I can make it next Sun and the folliwng weekends. I would like to contribute. :) I'm from events. Let me know what is required? What kind of transport needed and how much storage space are we toking about? Can PM me? Thanks!!!

next sun i might be able to but not confirm yet .. so i put my name down first? can contact me at 93676029

Thank You yes you can put your name down on the list which we will create in the coming thread

I can make it next Sun and the folliwng weekends. I would like to contribute. :) I'm from events. Let me know what is required? What kind of transport needed and how much storage space are we toking about? Can PM me? Thanks!!!

Thank You very much I will PM you the details.

For the rest of members of the ClubSNAP community please assist and take up the call for assistance. We need you

Please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too :)

Last edited:
Please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too :)

1.Allenleonhart both days both timeslots ok. looking to help out IT department so if last minute cannot make it also can operate from home/school
.[/QUOTE]

1.Allenleonhart both days both timeslots ok. looking to help out IT department so if last minute cannot make it also can operate from home/school
2.Peng Kang Hill (aka Dominic) - available Saturdays 11:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Can help to approach donors & take their photos (Contact 96880569)
.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too

2.Peng Kang Hill (aka Dominic) - available Saturdays 11:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Can help to approach donors & take their photos (Contact 96880569)
3.crystal1993, free to help on all 3 weekends except on 27march. Can help to approach donors and take their photos. Contact pm-ed you.

Please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too

3.crystal1993, free to help on all 3 weekends except on 27march. Can help to approach donors and take their photos. Contact pm-ed you.
4.denniskee - Full shift for 2/3 Apr, 9 Apr (will try to see if I can make it on 26 Mar/27 Mar)

Last edited:

4.denniskee - Full shift for 2/3 Apr, 9 Apr (will try to see if I can make it on 26 Mar/27 Mar)
5.peterpan1975 - Full shift 26 Mar, 2 Apr & 9 Apr, IT Support no problem.
.[/QUOTE]

5.peterpan1975 - Full shift 26 Mar, 2 Apr & 9 Apr, IT Support no problem.
6.cheerful88 - prefer sat, 2&3Apr not free
.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too

1.allenleonhart both days both timeslots ok. Looking to help out it department so if last minute cannot make it also can operate from home/school
2.peng kang hill (aka dominic) - available saturdays 11:00a.m. To 4:00p.m. Can help to approach donors & take their photos (contact 96880569)
4.denniskee - full shift for 2/3 apr, 9 apr (will try to see if i can make it on 26 mar/27 mar)
5.peterpan1975 - full shift 26 mar, 2 apr & 9 apr, it support no problem.
6. John Teoh - Full shift on 26 Mar and 9 Apr. Sun can come after service and will reach about 2pm. 2 Apr might need to leave earlier for service.

please place your names on the list and the available days. Even if it is a few hours also ok cos we can have 2 shift in a day. Too

1.allenleonhart both days both timeslots ok. Looking to help out it department so if last minute cannot make it also can operate from home/school
2.peng kang hill (aka dominic) - available saturdays 11:00a.m. To 4:00p.m. Can help to approach donors & take their photos (contact 96880569)
4.denniskee - full shift for 2/3 apr, 9 apr (will try to see if i can make it on 26 mar/27 mar)
6. John Teoh - Full shift on 26 Mar and 9 Apr. Sun can come after service and will reach about 2pm. 2 Apr might need to leave earlier for service.
7. PPZ - Am available from 27th Mar onwards... :)

7. PPZ - Am available from 27th Mar onwards...
8. Sol81, available on 26 and 27 Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.