Wirless Lan dead, IBM R50...Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanycjw

Dec 25, 2008
Singapore
Dear Bro/Sis

Need help....Please

I have a Laptop IBM Thinkpad "R50".
Due to some corruption, I formatted the harddisk with Window XP, after formatting I have install most of the drivers software and the system is working fine. I can do Words, Excel and photos PP and also can link to Internet with cable connect to router.

The main thing now is that my "Wireless Lan" is not working. I cannot link to Internet wirelessly. I supect a software is missing:dunno:.

Is there anyone using IBM R50? you will see the LCD panel below there is a sign showing Wireless Internet connect. Mine do work.

Thank you very much upfront.
Thanks again

If the laptop internal wireless lan dun work, get external wireless lan like PCMCIA or USB wireless adapter.

Dear Bro/Sis

Need help....Please

I have a Laptop IBM Thinkpad "R50".
Due to some corruption, I formatted the harddisk with Window XP, after formatting I have install most of the drivers software and the system is working fine. I can do Words, Excel and photos PP and also can link to Internet with cable connect to router.

The main thing now is that my "Wireless Lan" is not working. I cannot link to Internet wirelessly. I supect a software is missing:dunno:.

Is there anyone using IBM R50? you will see the LCD panel below there is a sign showing Wireless Internet connect. Mine do work.

Thank you very much upfront.
Thanks again

did u install the wireless driver?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-53178.html#wireless

Hi,
Thank you for your response. Yes...I came to this link too but do not know which one to use lol...

Do you know the exact driver software for "IBM Thinkpad R50" use?

Thanks again

Look at the link. It's all for the R50.

Hi,
Thank you for your response. Yes...I came to this link too but do not know which one to use lol...

Do you know the exact driver software for "IBM Thinkpad R50" use?

Thanks again

try either 802.11a/b/g, 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter or Intel PRO/Wireless 2200bg, 2915abg, 3945bg, 3945abg, 4965ag, 4965agn Mini PCI adapter

you may also need this:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-53178.html#tvantage

ThinkVantage Access Connections (manages your wireless and LAN connections)

Status
Not open for further replies.