Wireless Trigger problem or the Flash problem?

Sleepies

Apr 20, 2010
hi, got mixed up with this issue..

currently im using flash Nissin Di622 for Canon and buying the wireless trigger (hercules) which is compatible with my Nissin Di622

the wirelesstrigger itself have specs:
---2.4GHz FSK

---16 channel modes

---Transimitter distance 200m

---Sync-speed 1/250 sec

here's my problem..
i put the flash(attached with wirelesstrigger) itself on tripod and my camera on my hand.
when i took photos, sometime the result which is comes from flash is not balance but sometimes balance

i did some tests on my friend's room
i mean like this one:
image 1
f9161.jpg

my settings for image 1: f/9, 1/160s, iso100
my flash power is at 2 out of 6

but sometimes i got this result at the same setting like "image 1"
f9160.jpg

and here's the result when i set to 1/200s, iso 100, f/9
f9200.jpg

even in outdoor i put the maximum power, sometime cause this kind of problem..
and my flash is frequently use, and still around 6months old

both photos that i took is when the flash already cycled for the next shoot and batteries condition is on full capacity.
im not feel comfort for this inconsistency :confused:

any idea from u guys? :)

Last edited:
I'm a user of the Nissin Di622 together with the Hercules Wireless Trigger.

From the pictures you posted, I don't see any wrong with the systems, both the flash and the wireless trigger.

The problem I see from the pic is that, there is a major under exposed issues. Most probably from your camera, when I examine your EXIF data.

Some shots have a some black casts, that is the curtain caused by a "too" fast shutter speed.

Okay, maybe you try this, set your flash to full power, set your settings, 1/80, f/8.0, ISO 200. Most probably will solve your curtain problems, under exposed or over exposed, you may wanna increase your shutter speed to 1/125 and f/10-13.

Try what I suggest, hope it helps.

I'm a user of the Nissin Di622 together with the Hercules Wireless Trigger.

From the pictures you posted, I don't see any wrong with the systems, both the flash and the wireless trigger.

The problem I see from the pic is that, there is a major under exposed issues. Most probably from your camera, when I examine your EXIF data.

Some shots have a some black casts, that is the curtain caused by a "too" fast shutter speed.

Okay, maybe you try this, set your flash to full power, set your settings, 1/80, f/8.0, ISO 200. Most probably will solve your curtain problems, under exposed or over exposed, you may wanna increase your shutter speed to 1/125 and f/10-13.

Try what I suggest, hope it helps.

hi there, before i bought this wireless trigger, i read the reviews from you :)

i already tried ur suggestions, and it works :) i found that the ideal position for the shutter speed is on 1/80s or 1/100s, if 1/125s sometimes the problem may appear :)

how bout urself? do you have any problem if you set the shutterspeed above 1/125s ?

thanks again for the suggestions bro! ;)

hi there, before i bought this wireless trigger, i read the reviews from you :)

i already tried ur suggestions, and it works :) i found that the ideal position for the shutter speed is on 1/80s or 1/100s, if 1/125s sometimes the problem may appear :)

how bout urself? do you have any problem if you set the shutterspeed above 1/125s ?

thanks again for the suggestions bro! ;)

i have problems when i started to use the wireless trigger. all i can say, is shoot more and more. After lot's of shooting, you can roughly estimate what settings to use, and the flash power.

Oh ya, I sold my Nissin Di622 and went for 2 sets of Yong Nuo 560 instead, as it is a more powerful flash and TTL is not important to me.

i have problems when i started to use the wireless trigger. all i can say, is shoot more and more. After lot's of shooting, you can roughly estimate what settings to use, and the flash power.

Oh ya, I sold my Nissin Di622 and went for 2 sets of Yong Nuo 560 instead, as it is a more powerful flash and TTL is not important to me.

so how's the yn560? is the slave optic sensor on yn560 can accept the flash from manual power mode from the other flash? :)

i hv little bit disappointed with di622 which can't accept the manual power mode from the other flash and the standby mode on di622 is very disturbing if attached to wirelesstrigger :( and have think about to change my flash unit :)

Last edited:
so how's the yn560? is the slave optic sensor on yn560 can accept the flash from manual power mode from the other flash? :)

i hv little bit disappointed with di622 which can't accept the manual power mode from the other flash and the standby mode on di622 is very disturbing if attached to wirelesstrigger :( and have think about to change my flash unit :)

The YN560 is a much much powerful flash ... Can feel the difference when shooting..

Oh ya I hate the Nissin auto power off feature... So frustrating !!!

The YN560 is much better as a manual flash, I set the sound on so once the power is reflashed, it will sound a beep..

buy yn560 gan