Wireless shutter release for D700

Phil Porter

Jan 19, 2011
Has anyone recommendations for a wireless shutter release on D700. I do not want one that needs to sit on flash mount for power supply, and the Nikon units seem very expensive!

Check out Mass Sales section. There might be some third party remote shutters that might fit your budget and requirements.:)

Has anyone recommendations for a wireless shutter release on D700. I do not want one that needs to sit on flash mount for power supply, and the Nikon units seem very expensive!
well, it's all relative.

Using the rationale behind why the bumper on a Porsche costs so much more than the bumper on a Honda :)

well, it's all relative.

Using the rationale behind why the bumper on a Porsche costs so much more than the bumper on a Honda :)

Exactly! they both do the same job but one is a lot more expensive than the other!!
For those interested I have found the Phottix Cleon 11 to be a good workable solution.

Actually there are many china made wireless shutters for the D700. I've personally used the Yongnuo wireless trigger before. Its has a dual function, it can be used to trigger the camera shutter and also work as a remote flash trigger. Both the transmitter and receiver unit carries their own batteries, no tapping from the hotshoe or whatsoever. Hope this helps :)

Is there a wireless shutter remote that allows you to set the shutter speed duration more than 60 seconds for long exposure?