Wireless Mouse


Status
Not open for further replies.

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#1
Hi,

Any recommendation for a mobile wireless mouse?

Criteria:

Long battery life
Small USB doogle
Additional programmable buttons
Able to do 4 -way scroll

That's about it. With a budget of maximum $50.

Thanks! My currnt Belkin Mini Mobile mouse has a very lousy battery life, thus losing connection intermittently.
 

solarii

New Member
Oct 20, 2005
1,354
0
0
Bt. Timah
#2
Logitech has a few good models....really nothing much to say. Just pick what you like/need. V200 should meet all the criteria though there are cheaper ones.

For a decent wireless mouse which meets your specs, your budget is too low. Set aside at least $70 odd unless you want a cheap taiwanese brand. And the cheapies are just basic 2 button + scroll wheel. Forget about "programmable buttons"

Anyway if you need any further help, feel free as ask. :)

But indulge me in this: I believe you are unaware of mouse pricing? Cos if you aren't then you'll know your budget is pretty silly for the features you're after unless you want 2nd hand. I'm sure you're aware that you're asking for top of the line features....add a laser sensor to the list and you'll have the best that's available - thats how exacting your requirements are.
 

koerner

New Member
Nov 24, 2005
150
0
0
Singapore
#4
solarii said:
Anyway for a decent wireless mouse, your budget is too low. Set aside at least $70 odd unless you want a cheap taiwanese brand. And the cheapies are just basic 2 button + scroll wheel. Forget about "programmable buttons"
Yep, set aside a bide more and look into Logitech as recommended.I am using it privately as well as in the office, very reliable and 5 years warranty:)
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#5
I do know my budget.

Cheap wireless mouse are priced from $15-$40 from taiwanese OEM brands.

The reliable Microsoft Mobile Wireless 3000 is at $35 at SLS. (Small footprint & snap-in dongle, long battery life)

The Microsoft Wireless 3000 is at $40 with programmable buttons, 4-way scrolling but it's base station is huge and the mouse has a large footprint.

Laser technology is not necessary for me. The 4-way scrolling is very useful for PS. The Apple Wireless Mighty is out as I'm using an Acer for PS, though I would love to use it at home, I use it at work daily. :)

I do know my choices well but just thought of posting a thread to see if I have missed out any.

I guess it's either I increase my budget or get the Microsoft Mobile Wireless 3000 w/o the programmable buttons, I don't think that has 4-way scrolling too. :(
 

Clown

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
3,780
1
38
Singapore
#6
logitech V500 wireless. meets almost all your needs except the programmable button part.
it stows the dongle internally when travelling and can fold down to give a smaller displacement.
can ask willy foo about it cuz he's the one that tempted me to get it. lolx
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#7
Clown said:
logitech V500 wireless. meets almost all your needs except the programmable button part.
it stows the dongle internally when travelling and can fold down to give a smaller displacement.
can ask willy foo about it cuz he's the one that tempted me to get it. lolx
Pretty cool and neat!

Prob one of the smallest dongle I have seen. I guess it's pretty expensive? How much?
If not, the V200 fits my needs pretty well to!

Hey!

The V400 fits all my needs, say except for the price. Will take another look and it and decide.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_V4...torm_Grey/4505-3148_7-31548687-2.html?tag=nav
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
43
North
willyfoo.com
#8
Oh.. yeah.. I swear by the Logitec V500... can use it with full sensitivity across a ballroom!
Some people ask why need to use so far away... cos I do events and we need to control mouse on projector screen.. :)
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#9
willyfoo said:
Oh.. yeah.. I swear by the Logitec V500... can use it with full sensitivity across a ballroom!
Some people ask why need to use so far away... cos I do events and we need to control mouse on projector screen.. :)
How much did you pay for it?
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#11
omg...
haha!

ok i might just settle for the microsoft wireless laser notebook mice at about $60+.

Thanks!
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#12
Just fyi,

I got the Creative FreePoint Travel Mini for $35.

Small usb dongle
Good battery life
Long range (2.4ghz)
rechargable by usb (however still operating on wireless protocol, meaning 2 usb port used)

no 4-way
no extra buttons
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#13
davsmiths said:
I do know my budget.

Cheap wireless mouse are priced from $15-$40 from taiwanese OEM brands.

The reliable Microsoft Mobile Wireless 3000 is at $35 at SLS. (Small footprint & snap-in dongle, long battery life)

The Microsoft Wireless 3000 is at $40 with programmable buttons, 4-way scrolling but it's base station is huge and the mouse has a large footprint.

Laser technology is not necessary for me. The 4-way scrolling is very useful for PS. The Apple Wireless Mighty is out as I'm using an Acer for PS, though I would love to use it at home, I use it at work daily. :)

I do know my choices well but just thought of posting a thread to see if I have missed out any.

I guess it's either I increase my budget or get the Microsoft Mobile Wireless 3000 w/o the programmable buttons, I don't think that has 4-way scrolling too. :(
Microsoft Wireless 3000 has no programmable buttons, and no 4-way scrolling. Maybe the scroll-wheel button is programable, but I am not sure. Default function of scroll wheel button is application switching.

The Wireless 4000 has one extra button that is programmable. The default function is "magnify". The 4-way scroll has a better feel than the 4-way scroll on the bigger mice.
 

jumbocrab

New Member
Jun 27, 2004
406
0
0
#14
How about the Logitech V450. It's supposed to have a one year battery life, according to specs.
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#15
The best would be logitech V400.

Best of all. Cool design, 2.4ghz, 2 extra mouse for "forward & back" functions, 4 way scrolling, small dongle, long wireless range and good battery life.

but i guess it would be expensive.

if not the v200 is a simple and good mouse.
v500 is also recommended. v400 is the new one.
 

Denosha

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2003
1,287
0
36
Bukit Timah
www.sgl.per.sg
#16
davsmiths said:
The best would be logitech V400.

Best of all. Cool design, 2.4ghz, 2 extra mouse for "forward & back" functions, 4 way scrolling, small dongle, long wireless range and good battery life.

but i guess it would be expensive.

if not the v200 is a simple and good mouse.
v500 is also recommended. v400 is the new one.
I've got the V400 for my notebook. Was $69 or something when I bought it. It's tracking is MUCH, MUCH better than my old Microsoft wireless notebook mouse (which is optical). However, it isn't as good as my desktop Logitech MX1000 even though that only has 1 laser as opposed to the V400's dual lasers. Probably the power consumption needs to be less or something? Anyway, I highly recommend the v400 for mobile use. :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom