wireless keyboard... alkaline or rechargable AAA batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Hey guys...
been using a logitech wireless key board and mouse for 2mths already... all this while been using the alkaline AAA batt that has been in my drawer forever... thing is... they ran out... and i have been contemplating whether to buy some AAA rechargables...

The mouse uses AA and the keyboard AAA.... any good brands of rechargables to recommend for AAA? or should i just stick to AAA alkaline and save myself the hassle of charging them...

Since late Jan, have been using the mac wireless keyboard with the Akaline batts. When this is flat, I'll replace it with the same.

NiMH bateries do not perform as well for low-drain equipment such as wireless mice and keyboards compared to alkalines because of self discharge. Battery life will be significantly shorter than alkalines.

For me.. i am pretty comfortable with my GP rechargable batts for my keyboards and mouse.. no fuss about it..

roygoh said:
NiMH bateries do not perform as well for low-drain equipment such as wireless mice and keyboards compared to alkalines because of self discharge. Battery life will be significantly shorter than alkalines.

yups... i used my 750mah AAA batts on them... died within a day! omg... so seems like buying ok alkaline batts are a better solution then... much easier to do as well...

How about the new Panasonic oxyride and Energizer lithium batteries? I'm using a oxyride AAA for my mp3 player. It definately lasts longer than alkaline. Used for 7 hours and still at max lvl.

seriously i'm also using logitech navigator elites pro duo which actually comes with a mx700 but i'm just using the keyboard now. but i've not been changing the batts since like 18months ago? i think it was the batts they gave me lol. and it's really lasting though they said it's suppose to only last 6months. nimh would be better. but energiser works as well. just not those cheap cheap kind i think would be okay.

londonray said:
Hey guys...
been using a logitech wireless key board and mouse for 2mths already... all this while been using the alkaline AAA batt that has been in my drawer forever... thing is... they ran out... and i have been contemplating whether to buy some AAA rechargables...

The mouse uses AA and the keyboard AAA.... any good brands of rechargables to recommend for AAA? or should i just stick to AAA alkaline and save myself the hassle of charging them...
Do not use NiMH batt. (or rechargable), as on average they loss up to 10% of their power every day. I use alkaline for my keyboard.

okies cools... shall go get pack of 4 AAA alkaline later... see how long they last me...

Status
Not open for further replies.