Wireless flash trigger kept firing on 580EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasD

Sep 22, 2004
Ang Mo Kio
www.focusonpixel.com
Hi,

Does anyone has any experience using the OEM wireless flash trigger (model YHPT-604) to fire canon 580EX? It kept firing uncontrollably without me triggering it. I use it on other flash and it works fine. I also change channels but didn't help. Any advise, thks.

The China made triggers (Cactus, PT-04, YHPT-604) don't work well with Canon flashes especially with the older 580EX or even the recent 430EX. Apparently there are no hardware fix or workaround when using the combination. I gave up on those triggers eventually. Saving up for a more reliable system.

The China made triggers (Cactus, PT-04, YHPT-604) don't work well with Canon flashes especially with the older 580EX or even the recent 430EX. Apparently there are no hardware fix or workaround when using the combination. I gave up on those triggers eventually. Saving up for a more reliable system.

These China made trigger don't work well at all with any flashes including studio strobe eg. Bowens and Elinchrom. Do not waste your $ on any of these, cos I have and speaking from experienced. These useless trigger will break down after some use, happened to witness twice. First time I bought 2nd hand from a CSer and found it did not work after only one shoot. My friend got a new one and after 3 months, it broke down.

Using elinchrom skyport now.

These China made trigger don't work well at all with any flashes including studio strobe eg. Bowens and Elinchrom. Do not waste your $ on any of these, cos I have and speaking from experienced. These useless trigger will break down after some use, happened to witness twice. First time I bought 2nd hand from a CSer and found it did not work after only one shoot. My friend got a new one and after 3 months, it broke down.

Using elinchrom skyport now.

May I know the price of a set of elinchrom skyport.

Status
Not open for further replies.