Wireless flash issue on Nikon D7000 + Sb900/910

KageV

Apr 27, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi fellow CS bros,

I recently started dabbling with the wireless flash system which is in built in D7000 and combine with use of Sb900 and 910.

I noted that the wireless system (sb900/910) does not trigger off when i use the in built flash in D7000 as master. This is only occasional.

Hope fellow CS bros who r pro in nikon wireless system can advice. Please let me know if u need more information.

make sure the sensor of remote flash able to "see" the commending flash.
if you have to, turn the sensor (samll round widow on the right of the flash body) face the camera.

and also make sure have fully charge batteries for your remote flash, wait till the flash fully recycle before you fire the next shot.

and if it is use at outdoor, and it is very bright, the remote flash won't able to sense the IR from the commanding flash.

Hi fellow CS bros,

I recently started dabbling with the wireless flash system which is in built in D7000 and combine with use of Sb900 and 910.

I noted that the wireless system (sb900/910) does not trigger off when i use the in built flash in D7000 as master. This is only occasional.

Hope fellow CS bros who r pro in nikon wireless system can advice. Please let me know if u need more information.

For CLS to work, you need direct line of sight. Meaning, the light sensor on the side of the SB900/SB910 must be pointing directly to the D7000's popup flash with no obstructions in between. And if in bright daylight, your range will be substantially reduced.

Ahhhhh..... That solve my query... That's the limitation of nikon CLS... So i guess SU-800 commander also use the same mechanism to fire off other remote flash? Any other recommended way to fire off remote flash other than those studio type of strobe remote?

Thank you guys in advance for answering!

Ahhhhh..... That solve my query... That's the limitation of nikon CLS... So i guess SU-800 commander also use the same mechanism to fire off other remote flash? Any other recommended way to fire off remote flash other than those studio type of strobe remote?

Thank you guys in advance for answering!

Yes, SU-800 uses Infra-red light to transmit just like your on board flash. So the same limitations apply.

If you still want to use the on camera menus to control flash power etc, you can use Radiopoppers to convert the IR to RF signal.

If you are open to other 3rd party wireless TTL options, you can look at Phottix Odin or Pocketwizards FlexTT5/MiniTT1/AC3.

if u can leave with preflash, then Odin works very well according to my buddy
less than $400 a pair

cheap option will be normal trigger, flash in M-mode
and a voice assisted lightsman

Hi fellow CS bros, Thanks for all your reply and recommendations! Will do abit of read up on your suggestions! Thank you once again!