Wireless cafes allow use of powerpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icer

Mar 15, 2004
West
www.icezworld.com
Hi all,

Anyone knows any cafes or places that allows you to use your laptop and connect to their powerpoint? And also they have wireless connection? Of course needs to buy drinks or food lah.

:)

u can try mac... some do allow... or rather they close one eyes...

icer said:
Hi all,

Anyone knows any cafes or places that allows you to use your laptop and connect to their powerpoint? And also they have wireless connection? Of course needs to buy drinks or food lah.

powerpoint ==> outlet (220VAC/50Hz)??? Or Microsoft Office Powerpoint???

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
powerpoint ==> outlet??? Or Microsoft Office Powerpoint???

Regards,
Arto.

i think it should be POWER POINT OUTLET...

I always make sure my notebook is fully charged... :D

Don't feel it's right to just plug into other people's power point somehow... If i wanted to, I might ask for permission...

Alternatively.. bring along a portable generator or fuel cell... or maybe the developed in singapore urine-powered battery.. hee... :bsmilie::sweatsm:

Bcoz that is SG habit.

Standard line would go: " I come here spend money, use some electricity cannot meh!"

I don't think they will allow if you ask...

icer said:
Hi all,

all the kopibean outlets have wireless by StarHub, but you must be a subscriber or pay per use. not sure about starbucks. In malaysia apparently all starbucks (or at least some) come with FREE wireless access.

It's about the culture.We need to embrace a less anal-retentive service culture and promote community wireless culture.

it's absolutely normal to plug in to power points in the US.
in fact the starbucks I frequent in new york has a total of 8 power points, most starbucks in new york have at least 2 power points.
anyway it builds customer loyalty.grin.

icer said:
Hi all,

Yes just make a request most of them do allow if there is a spare powerpoint around.:)

Ok. I had explored some of the options below;

Mac - Cannot coz my Broadcom wireless cannot connect to SkyNetGlobal network. Called them and they just said not compatible.

Burger King - Not a Singtel subscriber.

Kopibean - Good idea if got starhub account.

Funan - So far so good. Have a few power point outlets but sometimes security guards will come and ask you to unplug.

If without powerpoint, my laptop can only lasts for 2 hours and it's frustrating coz sometimes you just need more time to do your things.

;)

icer said:
If without powerpoint, my laptop can only lasts for 2 hours and it's frustrating coz sometimes you just need more time to do your things.

;)

You buy a cup of coffee, and expect the shop to provide you free internet access for more than 2 hours plus electricity? Very soon someone will ask if the shop provide foldable sofa-bed, so that we can take a nap while waiting for the laptop to download MP3s :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.