Wired or wireless remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyZilla92

Aug 7, 2009
Singapore
Hi CSers,

Been thinking for a while, planning to get a remote control . mostly for night shots, bulb settings cuz of my shaky hands,even when using tripod it shakes.....hate my hand:thumbsd:s. i'm using 500D.
i'm opting between RS60E3 and RC-1.
Which is more recommended?!:sweat:

haha, i was asking the same thing myself not long back, for my 500D. responses i got said that wired n wireless were both suited for different purposes.. looking at ur purpose, i'd say wired is better suited.. im planning on getting both, but wired first

If planning to get both, why not get the cheaper one and see if it satisfies your needs? Maybe you won't need to get the other one then.

I only bought a wireless remote. Response is pretty quick. Ok for self-portraits or long-exposure landscapes.

Cheapest solution for Camera movement, Timer mode.

In general, considering 3rd party remotes, What the wired can offer, the wireless can do. What the wireless can do, the wired may not offer. As for the original canon one, the wireless may be missing in some function that the wired offers.

Get a cheap, third-party remote capable of both wired/wireless modes. I got the Nikon ML-3 + MC-30 when I had the D300 and together they cost about $360. I could have gotten a third-party remote capable of 90% of the functionalities for 1/7 the cost. The only missing feature is the auto-triggering on the ML-3.

Well, i checked both prices, they cost $55 both..checked with J316:what:. and i checked out RS60E3 , the wire is short. Since i also do a lot of group photos, i thought wireless maybe a gud choice.
Anw, i'm not sure where to find out about 3rd party remote. :dunno:

You can use the timer function also, if your intention is group photos.

Well, i checked both prices, they cost $55 both..checked with J316:what:. and i checked out RS60E3 , the wire is short. Since i also do a lot of group photos, i thought wireless maybe a gud choice.
Anw, i'm not sure where to find out about 3rd party remote. :dunno:

To name a few, you can look for threads by RedDotPhoto, ShutterCentral in the Mass Sales section. FYI, I bought the Phottix Cleon II.

Status
Not open for further replies.