Wiping my camera clean after a day's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

fterh

Nov 23, 2009
Hi I heard that I should wipe it clean (the body) before keeping it, but just curious, do I use the same lint-free cloth as the one I use to wipe the lens? :dunno:

Hi I heard that I should wipe it clean (the body) before keeping it, but just curious, do I use the same lint-free cloth as the one I use to wipe the lens? :dunno:
Hi bro,

for me i do clean my gear up after use!
get a blower to blow the dust off 1st before you clean otherwise its like sandpapering it.
i dont share lens cloth with the body just in case..
i use a normal wet cloth and clean the body and the lens before keeping em.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
no need, just use normal cloth

if you go to sea, then best if you blow it first to dislodge loose sand, and then wipe it down with a damp cloth to get rid of the "salt"

For me I use lint free cloth to clean all my gear. I will first blow away dust, then take 1 wet cloth and wipe down, then take another to wipe dry, then go dry box.

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Just normal cloth for the camera body, slightly moisturised if needed.
but if it is obviously dirtied :bsmilie:

ryan

CS TAN

Sep 3, 2007
Hong Kong
Can use micro fiber cloth. For camera body, use the lower grade ones will do.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
for normal shooting i usually dont clean them, except for the usual blowing on the lens.

when i clean, i'll use wet tissues, and wipe them dry

james

Jul 24, 2004
Good morning 祝君早安 for the face and camera body. :)
Then isn't that making it worse? Quite a lot of lint, isn't it? I think lint free cloth still a better choice.

hotwork77

Jun 21, 2009
1°19'37.70"N 103°47'39.19"E
no need, just use normal cloth

if you go to sea, then best if you blow it first to dislodge loose sand, and then wipe it down with a damp cloth to get rid of the "salt"
I usually use dyson vacuum cleaner to suck out those fine sand and salt followed by a soft cotton cloth moisten with a bit IPA to wipe the body. Lint free cloth always reserved for lenses.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
i didn't clean my cam & lens for a year.

so i gave it a wipe down last week, using cotton buds to reach crooks and cannys on the zoom grip etc. the camera itself pretty clean leh~

but all the rubber area jialat hahahahha. the cloth turn black! the zoom grip esp!

i seldom clean the front element of lens. only clean with lens pen when there's visible grime on it. I dont clean the insides of my cam as i seldom change lens. if i take out and clean, might intro more dirt than i never clean.

DonnyDan

Dec 4, 2009
It really depend on the shooting place and envionment. Place near the sea, river I will definately give it a good wipe to remove the salt. For front element and sensor, as long it is not dirty i will not touch it. I change lens quite often, even though i have a walk about lens but i still prefer pro lens for color, speed and sharpness.

Btw use different cloth for glass and body (exterior).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom