winterwear

Photogrey

Jul 21, 2008
West
Hi, Can someone suggest to me, where I can buy some winterwear in Singapore? Meaning cheap and good. Thanks.

Hi, Can someone suggest to me, where I can buy some winterwear in Singapore? Meaning cheap and good. Thanks.

How cheap? Often, the price is inversely proportionate to the quality.
I'm of course, not condemning all the possibly good deals out there...

But for something like winter wear, which might be very important to you if you don't have much experience with cold weather, I don't think you should risk it.

I was at IMM this morning. Most shops are closed except the Timberland one on the ground floor. The price is around S$368. Just cannot afford to own it.

Thank you 9V-Orient Images. Winter Time not open when I was there.

TS, when you say winter gear, what sort of climate range are you refering to? Not all winter gear are suited for the different temparature ranges. Winter gear can range from 0 to -25 degrees or more.

Cheers:)

go Jalan Haji off Arab Street...... there is a 2nd hand clothes store that has winter coats and such there too......

I think u can also find it in some shopping mall like OG, Robinson, etc.
Or else you get something warm first. When you reach the country, buy it from there.

I think u can also find it in some shopping mall like OG, Robinson, etc.
Or else you get something warm first. When you reach the country, buy it from there.

Please go prepared with warm weather gear first, else by time you reach airport, and the retail stores are expensive, and you are left there without any warm protection ... your ears and nose may just drop off if not careful! And I'm speaking from personal experience :)

Hehehehe.

How cold and wet a winter are you going to? Do you need rugged wear or street wear? Hiking, trekking, skiing, or just jalan jalan?

So where are u going? Iceland??:sweat:

Please go prepared with warm weather gear first, else by time you reach airport, and the retail stores are expensive, and you are left there without any warm protection ... your ears and nose may just drop off if not careful! And I'm speaking from personal experience :)

Hehehehe.

wow.. is yours now stuck on your face held by superglue :bsmilie:
dont just measure temperature.
wind chill factor is VERY important.

I can run around in t-shirt and shorts during winter in melbourne as long as there is no wind. It is around 4 deg celcius in the morning when I was there studying.
BUT... during lunchtime when it is raining during wintertime and the wind is blowing, my nose felt it is frozen.

Daiso at Vivocity the $2 store has a section with winter accessories like gloves, scarves, neck-warmers, hats etc etc etc

I can run around in t-shirt and shorts during winter in melbourne as long as there is no wind. It is around 4 deg celcius in the morning when I was there studying.
BUT... during lunchtime when it is raining during wintertime and the wind is blowing, my nose felt it is frozen.

Get a Balaclava? ;p

Daiso at Vivocity the $2 store has a section with winter accessories like gloves, scarves, neck-warmers, hats etc etc etc

They may not be aesthetic but they get the job done. Winter clothes take up a lot of bulk. Just bring 1 thick jacket and buy extras at the destination. Got mine at the 99yen store. Won't feel bad disposing/donating them at the end of the trip. ;)