Winter travel Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeroorc

Jul 25, 2009
Shitapore
Going to japan on dec 1, my bro is there said its snowing already
read in the forums to bring loads of juice.
currently heres my kit, lowepro 190aw, 2 Nikon Batts, 1x 55-200mm(in a pouch), 1x 18-55mm, D90, cleaning Pen, and microfiber cloth.
are they enough?

heard from people the AF motor might freeze and spoil. Any way to prevent that? and what else should i bring to enhance the power of my batts?:dunno:

heard from people the AF motor might freeze and spoil. Any way to prevent that? and what else should i bring to enhance the power of my batts?:dunno:

What "people" are these? That's total rubbish.

Do a search on here for "cold weather" and you'll find about 20 threads like yours that pop up every time it's winter travel time. You'll find all the tips for keeping your batteries powered, avpoiding condensation, and if you really need to be so paranoid about devices built and designed in cold-weather countries.

Going to japan on dec 1, my bro is there said its snowing already
read in the forums to bring loads of juice.
currently heres my kit, lowepro 190aw, 2 Nikon Batts, 1x 55-200mm(in a pouch), 1x 18-55mm, D90, cleaning Pen, and microfiber cloth.
are they enough?

i think its enough for me already. but is it enough for u?

i have never heard of the AF motor spoils in cold weather. maybe u would want to find out more from the source of your info.

like many others have said many times, just try to keep the battery warm. one way is to put it inside ur coat near ur body.

if u are so scared that ur precious gears will spoil, just get those damn hardy camera from olympus/canon/panasonic/etc that is shock, water and freeze resistant. i did that. :)

Enhance power of batts? Simply bring charger. Out in the field, can try to squeeze a bit more out of your batt by warming them up (put in hands, pockets etc)

aite thanx mate for the replies, i know what to do now. ;) I need to use FILM CAMERAS! AE1 TO THE RESCUE!, jking...

so batt is the impt one.ok ill put it in my jacket. lol, im not worried abt memory cards as i have tons of them lol

Bring chargers so you can charge the batteries at night. If you are worry about the cold weather, bring some hands warmer with you and keep the battery inside the same pocket. It will help warm your hands as well as the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.