~ Winter in Melbourne ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiven

Daylight hours are short... by 5 plus, the skies will be dark...
Temperature fluctuates between 5 - 15 degrees..
Skies are generally grey...

Perhaps not a time to go for great pics.. but somehow, I'm drawn to this place to hibernate...

Shall be posting as and when. Looking forward to C&C... (Had a lot of probs with the setting)

#1 Melbourne City @ Dusk 4.22pm
533346440_e6b9586ceb.jpg

#2 Golden city
533345850_c83b740a13.jpg

#3 Cold foggy morn @ 9am
533320990_a46f6e7000.jpg

#4 Pure Pleasure??
533323972_5a96771c21.jpg

#5 Footy banner
533327138_9037356e4d.jpg

Daylight hours are short... by 5 plus, the skies will be dark...
Temperature fluctuates between 5 - 15 degrees..
Skies are generally grey...

Perhaps not a time to go for great pics.. but somehow, I'm drawn to this place to hibernate...

Shall be posting as and when. Looking forward to C&C... (Had a lot of probs with the setting)

#1 Melbourne City @ Dusk 4.22pm
533346440_e6b9586ceb.jpg

#2 Golden city
533345850_c83b740a13.jpg

#3 Cold foggy morn @ 9am
533320990_a46f6e7000.jpg

#4 Pure Pleasure??
533323972_5a96771c21.jpg

#5 Footy banner
533327138_9037356e4d.jpg

1 n 2 are incredible. The depth and color just pulls the viewer in. The flare from the sunlight in 1 is well placed as well.

What kinda gear you used for your shots?

1 n 2 are incredible. The depth and color just pulls the viewer in. The flare from the sunlight in 1 is well placed as well.

Thanks... I guess you can only get such dark lighting during Winter... the first pic was pretty much how it looks... Very surreal.. When I saw it through the screen, I thought it looked like something fr a Marvel comic book. ;p

Well the fall is the best season to go out and do landscapes coz the lighting is so diffused. I'm guessing its only early winter in those shots?

What kinda gear you used for your shots?

Mainly my 400D, kit lens and the efs 10-22mm for the wide angle shots.

Well the fall is the best season to go out and do landscapes coz the lighting is so diffused. I'm guessing its only early winter in those shots?

Eh.. not sure.. These were taken yesterday... so I'm not sure if it's early winder or mid.. not quite sure abt the season here.. :dunno:

No snow right? So it should be about the same as mid fall in the midwestern USA.

Mainly my 400D, kit lens and the efs 10-22mm for the wide angle shots.

Eh.. not sure.. These were taken yesterday... so I'm not sure if it's early winder or mid.. not quite sure abt the season here.. :dunno:

Any processing done? I had a look at your flickr site and i have to say you do good work. How much processing was done on the shots of corin? and were those done here?

yea judging from the light and shadows its like mid fall in the midwest of the us where i studied. Got compensation for shadows in #7. Slow shutter? and 16's shadows are great too.

wooo... melbourne is soo much nicer then Brisbane~~!

really awesome photosss! must go walk walk around Brisbane city see if got any nice shots around town....

envy! were you there for holiday? how's it like over there? perhaps i should go down to melbourne sometime to visit visit during my holidays... hahaha... wat's the temperture over there like???

but for now.. streesss~! coz Final exams jus round the corner... :(

#3 is my fav, BTW any pics of fed sq or chapel St, greville st or brunswick st? Love to see them. Tks

jiven, you are making tremendous improvements. i'm sure you are enjoying photography well with all the efforts you have put in.

Melbourne CBD has tremendous photo opportunities because of its good mix of buildings from different eras. The lighting is just begging you to get out to take more pictures. Temperatures in winter ranged from 2 to 18 (think A/C) and will peak at around 40 during summer (with lots of flies to swop). I graduated from RMIT too. Stayed there for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.