"Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcn

Oct 6, 2005
TELL ME.

How can they do that?

Guess there are a lot of politics in sports too.

It happens....not only in sports, in office, in gov in everywhere :dunno:

But the way it happens so quickly and so blantantly really disgusted me :thumbsd:

What happenned? I did not read why all this was happening.

You are right... just sad that it's even in sports and at such an hour.

Name me a place where there ISN'T politics? Everywhere also have man. At home also called politics.

What happenned? I did not read why all this was happening.

it's the headlines, sunday times

how can they do that ???????????????

going to have some welcome party at the airport tomorrow afternoon

It happens....not only in sports, in office, in gov in everywhere :dunno:

But the way it happens so quickly and so blantantly really disgusted me :thumbsd:

I think this is a really bad move.....if someone were to be punished, there should be other ways....:angry:

TV news said decision to sack him was made before Olympics started????????

:what::what::what:

HS

What can you expect when you put a politician in the Association? it will become more political.

What did the president done for the sports or help in any way to win a medal. :thumbsd:

No leadership at all but pure politicking, the reason probably is to ensure she have a new team of "yes madam" who will suck up to her and say things she likes to hear and make things happen for her (reminds me of the Ads of a tennis coach talking to a parent of the child playing tennis).

Anyway, history since time memorial has been repeating itself. How many times have we read about heros and warriors being executed or sent to exile, by their own very Kings and Emperors, after successfully fighting for them. Once the battle is over the heros and credit is not to the ppl who fought the battle but the "Top Leadership" will claim it citing that it is them who steer the national team to victory and of course PPA and PBM or whatever not will be awarded.

Of course the reasons for whatever they do is always "for the good of the organization etc etc " lest they forget we were not born yesterday.

Anyway with such a move I guess if we are lucky, we may have to wait another 48 years to get another medal. Afterall who has the morale or want to get involve with such politicking in sports.

Last edited:
What can you expect when you put a politician in the Association? it will become more political.

What did the president done for the sports or help in any way to win a medal. :thumbsd:

No leadership at all but pure politicking, the reason probably is to ensure she have a new team of "yes madam" who will suck up to her and say things she likes to hear and make things happen for her (reminds me of the Ads of a tennis coach talking to a parent of the child playing tennis).

Anyway, history since time memorial has been repeating itself. How many times have we read about heros and warriors being executed or sent to exile, by their own very Kings and Emperors, after successfully fighting for them. Once the battle is over the heros and credit is not to the ppl who fought the battle but the "Top Leadership" will claim it citing that it is them who steer the national team to victory and of course PPA and PBM or whatever not will be awarded.

Of course the reasons for whatever they do is always "for the good of the organization etc etc " lest they forget we were not born yesterday.

Anyway with such a move I guess if we are lucky, we may have to wait another 48 years to get another medal. Afterall who has the morale or want to get involve with such politicking in sports.

touche.....

+ the emotional out burst....
:bsmilie:

just now ms lbw said on the news that they made the decision not to renew his contract before the team left for beijing.

guess they made a big mistake here, the man manages the team so good that they brought medals.

others interviewed said timing to announce the news could have been better, one even say better to reopen this issue.

just now ms lbw said on the news that they made the decision not to renew his contract before the team left for beijing.

guess they made a big mistake here, the man manages the team so good that they brought medals.

others interviewed said timing to announce the news could have been better, one even say better to reopen this issue.

Seriously , why the urgency to make such an important decision before going to Bejing?

Surely the most important KPI, in deciding the axe is to see his performance in Bejing as to whether he can get the team to bring in a medal.

Or perhaps the top management have given up and never expect a medal for the TT team, even before going and thus have to make such a crucial decision fast :think::think:

Ppl who has no foresight, or the ability to keep in touch with the ground feel and treat their subordinate as a digit, and do not have any feeling for them(their subordinate) is to fit to lead. :thumbsd:

Last edited:
dream turned into nightmare so soon arh? :sweat:

what can i say....achieve your target and you get a pat on the back, screw up the next day and you're out. :thumbsd:

couldn't they wait the the team got back first? whats the rush? :dunno:

if you do a little research into the table tennis association president you may get abit of insight into her character...

Status
Not open for further replies.