Wings - Cloud Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justintime

Apr 28, 2008
1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I am hoping for feedback on composition, exposure control, post processing errors and any thing that may seem distracting.

Welcome all critiques and advises to improve the pic.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I hope to replicate as much as possible the beautiful view from the plane. :sweat:

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

It was taken on a flight after the plane rises above the cloud level. Think it is around 6-7 pm where the sun is setting and there is still some ambient light.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.

There is a slight reddish cast on the left side which is actually reflection of the window. Not sure how to get right of it through PP.

The photo is noisy as it is taken with ISO 800.

There are blown highlights around the area with the setting sun.

Thanks for all C&C :)

3768372711_4fe09c6741_o.jpg

noise doesn't bother me.

the blown highlights are alright here for me, i quite like this picture.

what i would do, is crop off the left a little, to remove that little stub of engine? thingy there. i might also reduce the blueish cast on the wing a bit. otherwise this is quite a nice picture as plane windows views go. :)

noise doesn't bother me.

the blown highlights are alright here for me, i quite like this picture.

what i would do, is crop off the left a little, to remove that little stub of engine? thingy there. i might also reduce the blueish cast on the wing a bit. otherwise this is quite a nice picture as plane windows views go. :)

Wow thanks ! Quite an honour getting positive comments from you hahaha :sweatsm:

U must have heard this millions of times but your pictures are amazing ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like it. from the color to the dreamy feel of it. It gives me the feeling of a long waited holiday, the anticipation of a goal or destination. Well composited.

Hey not a bad photo at all. The Orange sky was just abit blown for me.
But on the plus side the cloud formation is really amazing.
The composition is also not too bad.
This is one of the photos that didnt really follow the rules of thirds and still turn out looking really good

This is one of the photos that didnt really follow the rules of thirds and still turn out looking really good
The rule of thirds is not a "real" rule IMHO. It is really only is a guide for those who are new and have no clue on composition. Although it is really useful at times, you really shouldn't regard it as a rule not to be broken :)

I like it. from the color to the dreamy feel of it. It gives me the feeling of a long waited holiday, the anticipation of a goal or destination. Well composited.

Hey not a bad photo at all. The Orange sky was just abit blown for me.
But on the plus side the cloud formation is really amazing.
The composition is also not too bad.

Thanks for your kind comments :sweat:

Tried to tweak the photo based on the comments but reduced the sharpness and blue cast slightly. Also tried to recover some details from the blown sunset.
Hope this improves the photo :sweatsm:

3955398595_325e9a51ac_o.jpg

^
Looks nicer and dreamier to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.