Windows XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Happen to stumble upon a new SP3 for XP. Needs a whopping almost 1GB of folder download. Anyone has downloaded and installed it and use it? How useful? Not sure if I wanna to go for it.:think:

Please dun download it yet. Install at your own risk. SP3 is still in Beta testing. It's not RTM yet as far as i know.

Nope.. I'm running Win XP SP3.. decided to try it out. Things I've noticed:

1) Boot time is faster... shaved about 10secs off pre-XP SP3
2) A lot of non-essential rubbish is not loaded (explains point 1)
3) WXP is more stable (used to crash once in a while - hasn't happened yet)

Otherwise.. not much change.

Nope.. I'm running Win XP SP3.. decided to try it out. Things I've noticed:

1) Boot time is faster... shaved about 10secs off pre-XP SP3
2) A lot of non-essential rubbish is not loaded (explains point 1)
3) WXP is more stable (used to crash once in a while - hasn't happened yet)

Otherwise.. not much change.

Thanks relaxx for the feedback.

Well, this SP3 cannot be that bad. I am sure they have tested it. Being such a huge program, there are bound to be some bugs. The thing is that you will only encounter it when you do something unusual. Guess it is OK for the average Joe who does the normal stuff with his PC or notebook.

I will try it out when I have some time to spare - just in case it screws up my PC. And needless to say, muz have a 100% backup.

Wonder if many have already migrated to Vista liao.

I have been running SP3 beta for months....stable and fast....the only problem is my company VPN doesn't recognized this yet so it failed the security check :p

There has been mention but not been too much discussion on the other forums. The general feeling is that it is a good improvement.

Hmmm... did not see this comment about the VPN thingthough... interesting. Was waiting for it to be an official release before I download and upgrade..

I have been running SP3 beta for months....stable and fast....the only problem is my company VPN doesn't recognized this yet so it failed the security check :p

There has been mention but not been too much discussion on the other forums. The general feeling is that it is a good improvement.

Hmmm... did not see this comment about the VPN thingthough... interesting. Was waiting for it to be an official release before I download and upgrade..

Our VPN (F5 firepass) will check for OS version, antivirus and firewall before letting us in, so it will requires a firmware update when SP3 is final :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.