Windows Vista

Will you use Windows Vista?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Just wondering how many CSers will take the leap to Vista? :)

All other software must change or not? if no need to change... after many people Beta it and see no problems, I am likely to go for it... at least those machine that support it.

../azul123

All other software must change or not? if no need to change... after many people Beta it and see no problems, I am likely to go for it... at least those machine that support it.

../azul123

What software do you have in mind? I have been a beta tester for vista and there are pros and cons to installing vista. :)

So far I have not had any BSODs on vista. Thank god M$ removed the RSOD. It was fugly :bsmilie:

i have been using the windows vista since it was first launch, and i join in as a registered beta tester under microsoft new product category.

My only grump with it is that Nvidia geforce cards does not work very well as the WHQL kernel drivers are not complete, meaning the Vista OS does not register the card GPU temperature, also does not allow changes and access to the GPU clock frequencies. At times, GPU will just overheat because it uses plenty of render pipes causing GPU to heat up.

For the rest, it is just great to have a change. The OS require a great deal of GPU power as the transparency effect is just great. All this is under the Directx 10 format.

Infact, i was also registered under the original Windows XP beta tester team when it migrated from the Windows ME. :)

I don't think the question is "If" you will use Vista but rather "When" will you migrate to Vista. If you wanna stick with Windows, you can't run away from the upgrade treadmill. Me, not until SP1 is out and even then, got to make sure my custom apps all work properly first. I'm happy with XP Pro for now.

What software do you have in mind? I have been a beta tester for vista and there are pros and cons to installing vista. :)

So far I have not had any BSODs on vista. Thank god M$ removed the RSOD. It was fugly :bsmilie:
MS Office is my main usage.

../azul123

I don't think the question is "If" you will use Vista but rather "When" will you migrate to Vista. If you wanna stick with Windows, you can't run away from the upgrade treadmill. Me, not until SP1 is out and even then, got to make sure my custom apps all work properly first. I'm happy with XP Pro for now.

yeah, i agree with u. no choice, sooner or later lol :)
but not anytime soon for me!

Already on the list for express upgrade, got it last month when I bought my laptop!

Ic, what improvements over WinXP ?

More security issues for users ?
:confused:

Have to say that installation of Vista is very idiot proof now :) It's a breeze. It's like installing anyone program.

if only i haven bought my windows xp... (2mths+ back)

Use Vista Ultimate since the day it was released to MSDN back in Nov. it works perfectly fine on Thinkpad T43p notebook.

../azul123

me too..

when I used WinXP, after some time of using, it becomes slower and slower. I am wondering if Vista has solved this?

when I used WinXP, after some time of using, it becomes slower and slower. I am wondering if Vista has solved this?

It's the same for any other os. The more cluttered the HDD the slower it is. Try defragging.

well it's natural, as you use your pc, you install more software and it takes up more resources and loading time.

But it's not something to be taken for granted right? I'm quite an idiot at IT, but as an end user, I expect the software installed to be only taking up my system's resources when I use it, and not everytime I switch on my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.