Windows Longhorn and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Anyone had a chance to try the new Beta Version for Longhorn and Vista? Looks similiar to Apple interface......but better functionality.

How about the new IE 7 Beta V2.0? Some bugs still need to be solve but with new tabbing and new interface seems cool.

Pro Image said:
Anyone had a chance to try the new Beta Version for Longhorn and Vista? Looks similiar to Apple interface......but better functionality.

How about the new IE 7 Beta V2.0? Some bugs still need to be solve but with new tabbing and new interface seems cool.

no point trying lah..... every week they keep releasing a new build.... and bugs list gets longer and longer.... :bsmilie:

idor said:
no point trying lah..... every week they keep releasing a new build.... and bugs list gets longer and longer.... :bsmilie:

Thats microsoft, everyone is the beta testers for their product. :bsmilie:

idor said:

Well if you know the architectural of the Windows well, it's quite a powerful tool to have. I am not comparing with MAC, UNIX and other platforms but it's time the update a new interface.

Pro Image said:
Well if you know the architectural of the Windows well, it's quite a powerful tool to have. I am not comparing with MAC, UNIX and other platforms but it's time the update a new interface.

:bsmilie: powerful? now, that is something new... what I read is that it needs dual processor and a powerful video card to achieve same speed as the current windows using a slow machine.... and it looks more like copycat of OSX10.0 which came out many years ago. :bsmilie:

tao said:
:bsmilie: powerful? now, that is something new... what I read is that it needs dual processor and a powerful video card to achieve same speed as the current windows using a slow machine.... and it looks more like copycat of OSX10.0 which came out many years ago. :bsmilie:

hmmm....tried the beta of longhorn on the HP Laptop this afternoon......seems quite stable. don't really need a powerful video card but needs at least a 1GB RAM....

yeah it's a sort of the copycat of OSX10.0 sad though but i guess they are heading towards.

tao said:
i tot i've already heard this when windows 95 came out.. hahah well.. some brands are just always trying to catch up with others and claiming superiority over the current version when the others are already moving on the the next better version.

tao said:
Just like Aperture? :bsmilie:
Nope. The final specs not out yet...

Read the detail here
• CPU — PC systems should have a modern CPU.

• RAM — PC systems should have 512MB of memory or more.

• GPU — PC systems should have a graphics processor that will support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).
The graphics processor can be Nvidia FX 5xxx series onwards (2-3 years old) or Ati Radeon 9xxx series (about that old). If the user does not have the hardward, they can revert to the current XP interface. BTW, an Nvidai 6 series video cards are now entry level; you can hardly find any 5-series ones... They are really powerful

CPU-wise: AMD x64 or Intel P4 or Celeron-D or equivalent mobile solution

yanyewkay said:
i tot i've already heard this when windows 95 came out.. hahah well.. some brands are just always trying to catch up with others and claiming superiority over the current version when the others are already moving on the the next better version.
Yeah lor. Like multi-tasking and all that stuff, IPv6 and hmmm USB :bsmilie:

:thumbsd: It's a resource hogger... needs so much ram :bigeyes:

Watcher said:
Errrm, it is not finalized yet. Still has at least 7 months to go...

Well, looks like the the next version of Windows is justifying its codename extremely well... Loooonnngggghorn. :bsmilie:

tao said:
Well, looks like the the next version of Windows is justifying its codename extremely well... Loooonnngggghorn. :bsmilie:
Agree... the wait is soooo stupid... Bad PMing... They had promised before never to do it again... Now... :rolleyes:

Watcher said:
Agree... the wait is soooo stupid... Bad PMing... They had promised before never to do it again... Now... :rolleyes:

How to keep their promise?! I gave up on M$ when they stopped supporting Win2K, their last decently stable OS.

The problem with M$ is that they have grown too big and diverse for their own good and obviously, their programming team can only mess up the code one more time with different people working on it. The delay obviously reveals the multitude of problems they are facing with bugs and their overly ambitious plan to copy OS X. Maybe it is better if they re-do everything altogether rather than it having the lagacy of Win9x and WinNT in it for the sake of backward compatibility. Anyway, I am not bothered too much, can only laugh while I look at the situation from a distance.

tao said:
The only 'power' I see are the power-packed required specs. :bsmilie:

But perhaps for eye candy lovers, it might be good news to them... ;)

Even have suggest u dun try, unless ur work isn't super critical and ur office computer is nothing more den a glorified computer with u on MS Word 95% of the time. :bsmilie:

I would like to try, where can I download the beta versions? Please PM me if not possible to list here. thks.

Loooonghorn? Vista? i am still use win98SE :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.