Win liao lo! Private buses also want price hike liao!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parchiao said:
Like the rate and magnitude of increase in fares, the quality of service has improved at a similar rate. Everyone also forgets that profit making routes or stops have to compensate for loss making routes or stops. And if you wait for a bus with 15 minuters intervals and complain, that only makes you a very impatient person. Frequency of buses arriving at any stop depends largely on the traffic conditions of the road that the bus takes before it reaches that stop, it is not much different if you take a taxi or drive your own car. You complain about this, it means you have not given it much thought.

The point is not about waiting for 15 minutes or whether i am patient or not. The point is since the various hikes from the pass few years, what have actually improve in terms of bus and mrt support? Are the improvements what commuters need? As for the magnitude, do we have to have a hike of $1 to see quality really improve? I have also pointed out that the revenue models for the companies has also increased, ie increasing of rental space at mrt station, advertisement on tv mobile, etc. So where does all this increase in revenue goes to? Ultimately the whole issue lies in how does PTC approve or disapprove the hike, and upon approving what sort of improvement can be request from the transport company. Even the public make noise, it can be seem that it does not affect the overall decision of the PTC at all. So what type of checks are there in place to ensure PTC does it job and fare hikes are justifable, or are they simply increasing just because they can? So in my personal point of view, improvement in transport service is how i justfy a fare hike. An increment in bus interval frequency is how i choose to measure an improvement in the transport service. Valid or not, i believe that is what most commuter who like to have. One might argue that operating cost increase as well therefore the hike. This i will agree if the company is doing only ok and profits are thin, however this is not the situation for the transport companies here.

As for salary increment of workers, etc. A better way to achieve it is through better management, investment, new revenue sources, etc and not mainly by fare hike.

Just some of my thoughts

Can SMRT charge those families of people who commit sucides at MRT stations? These people are such a nuisance to others! That's one good service I'll like to see.

eric69 said:
Can SMRT charge those families of people who commit sucides at MRT stations? These people are such a nuisance to others! That's one good service I'll like to see.

Agreed. There are many other more creative and cost effective ways to attempt suicide. One should remain considerate even till the END. (I'm reminded by that old familiar song in the 80s...goes like "Courtesy is for Free....trying to be polite...for you and me!") :bsmilie:

eric69 said:

haha ya they should impose a fine on inconsiderate ppl like tat....

we reeli r such a FINE country... :)

wiki said:
The point is not about waiting for 15 minutes or whether i am patient or not. The point is since the various hikes from the pass few years, what have actually improve in terms of bus and mrt support? Are the improvements what commuters need? As for the magnitude, do we have to have a hike of $1 to see quality really improve? I have also pointed out that the revenue models for the companies has also increased, ie increasing of rental space at mrt station, advertisement on tv mobile, etc. So where does all this increase in revenue goes to? Ultimately the whole issue lies in how does PTC approve or disapprove the hike, and upon approving what sort of improvement can be request from the transport company. Even the public make noise, it can be seem that it does not affect the overall decision of the PTC at all. So what type of checks are there in place to ensure PTC does it job and fare hikes are justifable, or are they simply increasing just because they can? So in my personal point of view, improvement in transport service is how i justfy a fare hike. An increment in bus interval frequency is how i choose to measure an improvement in the transport service. Valid or not, i believe that is what most commuter who like to have. One might argue that operating cost increase as well therefore the hike. This i will agree if the company is doing only ok and profits are thin, however this is not the situation for the transport companies here.

As for salary increment of workers, etc. A better way to achieve it is through better management, investment, new revenue sources, etc and not mainly by fare hike.

I agree. Why raise fares when no significant improvements have been made? The "improvements" so far are totally useless. Ez-link? The old system didn't have so many glitches. TVMobile? For their advertising purpose.

Nothing has been really improved. And what we want is more buses per hour and faster intervals. Why make me wait? For example SBST service 2 takes about 20 minutes. And it is always so full during peak hours even though its a double-decker. Why not run a single-deck at 5 minute intervals during the peak hour?

I hope to see that the prices get lower when the economy is bad, like now. Instead of a price increase, the transport fares should remain the same, or even lower!

eric69 said:
Pleeeeeease people, respect for the dead! All those are accidents.

And I've seen some bus services that are so frequent, yet only a few passengers at any time are on board.

If TV mobile helps to generate good advertising revenue, that's great. If it is a money losing venture, I'd rather enjoy the peace and quietness of a good bus ride, just like in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.