Will you take a sales job that pays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myfz1

Apr 27, 2004
$500 for basic. $2 commission per card sold. If you sell above 500 cards you get $1000 bonus. Lets say if you can sell 300 cards, then $500 + ($2x300)$600 =$1100 per month. Happy? :dunno:

Apologies, this is not an recruitment ad. Just want to find out if the basic is lower campared to market rate.

Myfz1 said:
Apologies, this is not an recruitment ad. Just want to find out if the basic is lower campared to market rate.

Basic pay for direct sales or telesales is a reasonable $1200 plus commission. Of course the targets are higher but for such job you will have a decent salary to start with and working in a decent co.

This company offers a low basic, so the salesman will need to work very hard. If you are the lazy-type then dont apply. If you are hte hard-working-type then good for you.

Well...you have to think if you are confident enought about the product? If the card(don't know what card) is easy to sell then no problem....if it's hard to sell then you eat grass liao....also the lifespam of the card(????)...if it is only popular for a few mths...the the next few mth you will be jialat too...so analyse this carefully unless you only want to work for short term :thumbsup:

Hardworking = more sales more money. :thumbsup:
Slack = less sales less money. :thumbsd:

must know wats the selling price of the card as well... if 1 card is $100 den u get $2 bucks... den u only paid $500 basic... i think u sure get a hard time... cos not everybody will buy a $100 bucks card per day/week/month... so its damn hard 2 achieve the target... den the number of sales ppl in the company & the market competition also another factor...

now gahmen encouraging people to multi-task.....all gonna die.(in the long run tat is...since people gonna start doing what the next tom,dick,harry, sally, molly can do. :p ) haaaa
(today's Today newspaper)

sbs99 said:
now gahmen encouraging people to multi-task.....all gonna die.(in the long run tat is...

I think we'll die one day anyway whether multi-task, single-task, triple-task or no task.

God won't ask you to fill in the form about multi-task.

While you're still breathing, enjoy beach-task, cinema-task, taking photo-task, eating-task, pub-task etc etc.

One card sell for $78. I get $2 per card. One day must appraoch 10 customers at least.On average one customer may buy 5 cards. One card last for FIVE years. So everyday got to look for new customers, no repeat selling, have lah, like 5 years later...
Those selling credit cards at road side lagi better , they get $7 per application formed filled.

Singapore economy where got good, see so many youngsters selling things at roadside,you cannot walk down Orchard road quietly without being apporached by a kid selling something, 10 years ago where got such thing?

I am not saying doing sales is a lowly job but the world has changed. :what:

Myfz1 said:
$500 for basic. $2 commission per card sold. If you sell above 500 cards you get $1000 bonus. Lets say if you can sell 300 cards, then $500 + ($2x300)$600 =$1100 per month. Happy? :dunno:

I am being frank and hope not to offend anyone.
$500 for basic is way too little!!! Even Malaysian factory worker working in Singapore is getting more than that! :confused:
Imagine after deducting CPF from the basic pay of $500, how much do you get home? :dunno:

Myfz1 said:
One card sell for $78. I get $2 per card. One day must appraoch 10 customers at least.On average one customer may buy 5 cards. One card last for FIVE years. So everyday got to look for new customers, no repeat selling, have lah, like 5 years later...
Those selling credit cards at road side lagi better , they get $7 per application formed filled.

Singapore economy where got good, see so many youngsters selling things at roadside,you cannot walk down Orchard road quietly without being apporached by a kid selling something, 10 years ago where got such thing?

I am not saying doing sales is a lowly job but the world has changed. :what:

imho, dun take tis job... really... i dunno wats the card is used for, but the card last 5 years, it cost 78, mean 1 person maybe only buy 1 card for every 5 years, meaning u only earn 2 bucks from every person.. and not everyone u approach will buy it from you... i think this is exploitation... :angry:

Myfz1 said:

The kids are out there practising what they've learned in MBA class: strategic on-site marketing and promotion.

Lazy salesman will always find excuse why sales is no good, and how difficult it is to sell. Some expect to just sit there, wait for customer to call, and collect salary and commission easily.

Astin said:
Lazy salesman will always find excuse why sales is no good, and how difficult it is to sell. Some expect to just sit there, wait for customer to call, and collect salary and commission easily.
if the product is lousy, i dun think even the most industrious salesman can do anything..

GDSNP said:
if the product is lousy, i dun think even the most industrious salesman can do anything..
If the salesman is lousy, I dun think he can even sell the most industrious products.....he is wasting his time and everybody's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.