Will you sell yr d700 if replacement is out and price is 4k.

tweakmax3

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2011
AS above.

Nope. Will keep it as backup. Moreover the new body may not fit into the D700 underwater housing.

No. Will not sell. I may buy a couple more at bargin basement prices. LOL

D700 is already a fantastic camera. Love its high ISO performance so much. Hence, why sell???

I think lot ppl comment is e 12mp tat unable to develop big photos porters

I think lot ppl comment is e 12mp tat unable to develop big photos porters

what are big photos porters?

edit: do you mean big photos and posters?
Depends on how big you really need to print. A fellow CSer managed to print up to size A0 (16 times the size of A4) photo of his young kids, and looked incredibly sharp and detailed.

Last edited:
only if d800 is equipped with d3s sensor ...

Yawn.... can all photographers in clubsnap that does large poster because help to reply to this msg ? lolx....
I'm funny to think there are a lot of large poster requirements when I say it would be less than 10% of the photographers actually need it.
Not to mention I daringly says less than 50% will print to hard copy more than 25% of their time.
More and more just post in flickr, which I can say 12MP is like killing your upload speed more than your screen size.
I bet the fella has a 20mx20m LCD monitor at home ?

I think I will because I usually print 8R so I need more megapixels. Other than that, I think I will also sell the D700 replacement when the replacement for D3s comes out.

I think I will because I usually print 8R so I need more megapixels. Other than that, I think I will also sell the D700 replacement when the replacement for D3s comes out.

So how many megapixels do you think you'll need in order to print an 8R image? And from how far do you expect to be viewing this 8R image?

8r will need at least 10mp

Read that the new replacement will be MIM ?

Need reviews before switching.........:dunno:

Or maybe will switch to D3s instead..........:)

8r will need at least 10mp

based on.... ?

8R is 8" x 10"
this aspect ratio is 1.25:1, which isn't the typical DSLR aspect ratio.
Therefore S8R (8" x 12") is probably more appropriate.
At 300dpi, the required resolution is about 8.6 megapixels.

Just curious how you arrived at 10MP.

Last edited:
So how many megapixels do you think you'll need in order to print an 8R image? And from how far do you expect to be viewing this 8R image?

I don't know? Maybe 40 megapixels...? Other than 8R, I also print alot of 4R so need more! As they say, more is more! Lol.

I don't know? Maybe 40 megapixels...? Other than 8R, I also print alot of 4R so need more! As they say, more is more! Lol.

If printing 8R requires 40 megapixels, then none of the professionals using DSLRs will be able to print at 8R sizes...

hmmmm.... :think: interesting.