will you run windows on your Mac?

will you run windows on your Mac?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running Windows on native mode on a Macintosh gives me the power to run Windows on full speed doing the specific things I need in full speed instead of emulation mode.

But den again, my needs on Windows are so thoroughly satisfied by my Mac that except touching it once or twice in a blue moon for some things that truly require the use of Windows, its not a substitute for OS X..... ever.

jsbn said:
Running Windows on native mode on a Macintosh gives me the power to run Windows on full speed doing the specific things I need in full speed instead of emulation mode.

But den again, my needs on Windows are so thoroughly satisfied by my Mac that except touching it once or twice in a blue moon for some things that truly require the use of Windows, its not a substitute for OS X..... ever.

Agree.
:)

Why would you want to do that in the first place?

1) play games
2) some software that is not supported on MAC, example my wife's office remote email cannot use MAC to login.
3) open some documents like very cheem MS office stuff

It is much easier to dual boot for the occasional windows need than to buy and setup another PC which takes up SPACE.

It will definately better to have both's strength... just like under-world.... "hybrid"

Er.... NO LOR!

If I want to eat Roti Prata, I won't go McDxxxxx to buy.

Likewise, if I want to eat burger with fries, I won't go hawker centre.

You get what I mean?

Why bother ?. Why even reboot out of OSX ?. I'm sure sooner or later vmware will appear for MacOSX /x86 and you will be able to run multiple OS's AT THE SAME TIME.

And vmware is a virtual machine, not an emulator, so it won't be much slower than running on 'native metal', unlike Virtual PC (or Rosetta) which has to emulate the CPU as well has the hardware, vmware uses the virtualization features of the CPU so the code runs 'native'. It just has to emulate parts of the actual hardware that a system running in a virtual machine can't be allowed to really mess with.

vmware is allready running on Linux and Windows as the host, and any operating system for the PC can already run in it's virtual machine. I hope vmware will port it to MacOSX/x86 soon. It's already a cross platform product.

I suspect Microsoft won't take kindly to this however - how many mac users are actually going to go out and buy a copy of windows and a 2nd copy of Office for Windows instead of just ripping it off a Windows using friend ?

I wonder how long before OSX 'aquires' a Linux API like Solaris has, so that it can run linux programs with out recompiling them ?. (Then vmware might work :)

It seems that the answer is clear..:)

Yup, for games, and things that only runs on Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.