Will you PAY to download MP3's.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

insport

Jun 3, 2003
cyberSpace
Visit site
I'm sure many of us are downloading our fav songs, from the net, via P2P's

If they (copyrights holders, etc) were to come out with a something like pay per download, how much will you pay?
what's the amount you deem reasonable to the musician, producers?

insport said:
I'm sure many of us are downloading our fav songs, from the net, via P2P's

If they (copyrights holders, etc) were to come out with a something like pay per download, how much will you pay?
what's the amount you deem reasonable to the musician, producers?

Depends on what song it is. If it's something I can't find anymore, or something very hard to find, I'll pay more. Otherwise, 50 cents is what I'll fork out for each song.

If the price is resonable, like S$1 or US$0.55 per song.

The service should allow you to re-download the same song that you have already paid, if your harddisk crash and lose the downloaded songs. Maybe via a login account to track your purchases and downloads.

The MP3 Quality has to be good, preferably encoded in 128kbps minimal or higher data rate.

I will pay if the offerings are mainstream (both old and new) and with enough scope. Quality is paramount so at least 256kbps encoding (192kbps free was OK, must pay, no). I will pay the equivalent of a track on CD, so roughly up to $2 per track, should have special price for full album, or volume discount.

must also allow burning to CD so I can listen in the car.

hwchoy said:
I will pay if the offerings are mainstream (both old and new) and with enough scope. Quality is paramount so at least 256kbps encoding (192kbps free was OK, must pay, no). I will pay the equivalent of a track on CD, so roughly up to $2 per track, should have special price for full album, or volume discount.

must also allow burning to CD so I can listen in the car.

Agree with you.
Just like people pay different prices for audiophile pressings, why not people pay different prices for different encoding rates?

They should include a price that allows users to download raw .wav files. :devil:

SNAG said:
Agree with you.
Just like people pay different prices for audiophile pressings, why not people pay different prices for different encoding rates?

They should include a price that allows users to download raw .wav files. :devil:

Hi guys,

Heard of iTunes Music Store? One download of a song is USD 0.99. 10 million downloads so far since July I think.

chgoh

chgoh said:
Hi guys,

Heard of iTunes Music Store? One download of a song is USD 0.99. 10 million downloads so far since July I think.

chgoh
From Apple's website

http://www.apple.com/music/store/

"Getting started
The iTunes Music Store is only available in the U.S. To get running all you need is a Mac with Mac OS X (version 10.2.5 or later recommended), and an Internet connection (DSL, Cable or a LAN-based connection recommended for streaming and downloading music)."

Winston said:
From Apple's website

http://www.apple.com/music/store/

"Getting started
The iTunes Music Store is only available in the U.S. To get running all you need is a Mac with Mac OS X (version 10.2.5 or later recommended), and an Internet connection (DSL, Cable or a LAN-based connection recommended for streaming and downloading music)."

I get your point. :)

I guess I was trying to say that there are people that would pay for a song download.

chgoh

still waiting for someone to have a useable service that I'd DIE to pay for. I mean there are tons of good music out there I have never heard of, until the pirate networks came along, and even then when I really want to go out and get their CD (I believe in supporting the artiste, never mind if they're already rich) you CANNOT find it!!

So doesn't it make sense for these recording companies to put up the premium service so they can CONTINUE TO MAKE $$ out of old recordings that are no longer in press? :think:

If they were to put music that have been out of press online for download, I would pay for them. Seems they haven't been catching onto the collectors market which is big, considering that most people look for old songs when they want to download (read in a survey somewhere)

Also in the news recently is that the music production houses are starting civil proceedings against individual downloaders of music and people who make their mp3s available to share on peer to peer programs... I wonder how that is going to work out... it's the reverse of people vs big tobacco! hahahah... It's massive and will stifle supply in the short run :think:

hey since d/ling of songs is illegal liao , but y is there still d/ling of songs ocurring in irc channels ???

They are also illegal, but probably they have not been caught yet...

when there's a demand, there's ALWAYS a supply, legal or not.....who care's, but unless your bread and butter is in industry.
I think its the system that is wrong. not us. If only they can make more affordtable. Affordtable mean more volume mean more $$$$.
If i'm them (the music people) i rather get a dollar a song then nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.