Will you pay 10% more for the FA 50 1.4

Sure bo, Bro? 43 more reliable in low light? Got such things 1 ah :bigeyes:? ... I got 43 b4 and I know it's much 'better' than the 50 at 1.4 ... :blah:

I owned both for a while, and let go the 50mm, becease it is not as **** eyed .. as 50mm f1.4 - even in Program mode. it works magic on CCD sensor than Cmos, a bit of regret letting out really cheap, but with my LBA on all the time, I was abit anxious of the 55mm f1.4 strike me I don't know what will I get next, I dreamed of the Tamron version (if they have one)90mm never fail me in any condiions.

http://flickr.com/photos/nc_chia

if u need AF, then maybe, else the M or A 50mm f1.4 perform just as good or better... i got FA50 f1.4, A 50 f2, M 50 f1.4, sold the FA50, gave the 50 f2 away for free and only keep the M 50mm f1.4...

top up abit and look for the sigma if u dun mind the risk since the sigma lens has a long list of potential problems on focusing...

or the 43mm which is a better alternative and a better long term investment... DA*55 f1.4 is not worth it at the moment...

If don't mind manual focusing (and by the way, don't say manual focusing is not for you until you tried it), the A and M versions should do the trick. FA 50 is a good lens, fast and good. That is about all. I remember the thrill of f1.4 when I first got it but it wears out pretty soon. It isn't quite the best wide-open lens.

I owned both for a while, and let go the 50mm, becease it is not as **** eyed .. as 50mm f1.4 - even in Program mode. it works magic on CCD sensor than Cmos, a bit of regret letting out really cheap, but with my LBA on all the time, I was abit anxious of the 55mm f1.4 strike me I don't know what will I get next, I dreamed of the Tamron version (if they have one)90mm never fail me in any condiions.

http://flickr.com/photos/nc_chia

Your FA 85 1.4 best liao, no need the FA 50 1.4!

If don't mind manual focusing (and by the way, don't say manual focusing is not for you until you tried it), the A and M versions should do the trick. FA 50 is a good lens, fast and good. That is about all. I remember the thrill of f1.4 when I first got it but it wears out pretty soon. It isn't quite the best wide-open lens.

Now it's 1.2! :bsmilie:

I was considering the FA so that my wife can also use the Kx.
I currently do have a manual lens - thats why I am still debating to buy full auto or manual.
If a good and reasonaly priced 50mm 1.4 or 1.7 comes along, i will buy one for my own use.

Buy a 50mm A 2.0 first and play with it.... then decide if you really want the f1.4

I have the FA 50mm 1.4 and I use it very often to take pics of my kids.
The IQ is really very good for potraits.
I have the M 50mm 1.7, it takes as good a pic, but kids move fast, so I need the AF.
btw... I use f2.5 most of the time, cause 1.4 (even 2.0) dof is just too shallow for me.

Buy a 50mm A 2.0 first and play with it.... then decide if you really want the f1.4

I have the FA 50mm 1.4 and I use it very often to take pics of my kids.
The IQ is really very good for potraits.
I have the M 50mm 1.7, it takes as good a pic, but kids move fast, so I need the AF.
btw... I use f2.5 most of the time, cause 1.4 (even 2.0) dof is just too shallow for me.

so how much is the 50mm A 2.0, does it have auto foucs, What brand (Pentax or Tamron or......)?

Forgive me if my question sound stupid, i'm a nood here thanks.:D

so how much is the 50mm A 2.0, does it have auto foucs, What brand (Pentax or Tamron or......)?

Forgive me if my question sound stupid, i'm a nood here thanks.:D

its the pentax 50mm A f2.0. no AF. but has the A setting on the aperture ring so it supports P, AV, SV, TV, M mode.

maybe try an F/FA f1.7 instead. you will get a good deal (around S$350) if you search enough.

i managed to snap an F50 f1.7 at ebay for less than S$100..;)

I'd like to think of it as expensive lenses offsetting cheaper bodies viewpoint. I'm not sure if Pentax underestimated the demand for a fast AF 50, but discontinuing(?) the cheap F 50/1.7 seems like a huge mistake, with regards to their impressive sale of the K-x and K7.

I understand that Pentax values their prime lens setup, but not having a cheap entry level AF prime is off-putting, especially to beginners. And recommending a manual 50 doesn't help when there is no ready supply either. (Try grabbing one off the store shelves)

This is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to recommend Pentax to friends sometimes. Well, that and their noisy AF. :bsmilie:

I'd like to think of it as expensive lenses offsetting cheaper bodies viewpoint. I'm not sure if Pentax underestimated the demand for a fast AF 50, but discontinuing(?) the cheap F 50/1.7 seems like a huge mistake, with regards to their impressive sale of the K-x and K7.

I understand that Pentax values their prime lens setup, but not having a cheap entry level AF prime is off-putting, especially to beginners. And recommending a manual 50 doesn't help when there is no ready supply either. (Try grabbing one off the store shelves)

This is one of the reasons why I am hesitant to recommend Pentax to friends sometimes. Well, that and their noisy AF. :bsmilie:

In the film days, some guys gave advice to buy cheaper body but invest in better lens since the lens is heart of the image. With digital, not sure if this applies.

Pentax discontinuing of lower priced F50 is perhaps due to product positioning or product EOL. It can be good or bad move, we don't know.

I have a couple of M50mm/f1.7 & 2.0 but only allow for adoption with film body.:)