Will you own a FX and DX body at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my take is that you think too much.

if you can afford it, there is nothing wrong with having a camera that is unused sitting around, it is your money after all, why care what other people think?

that said, if you don't know how to utilise both properly, you get fx, dx, or both, also frankly speaking, useless. and therein lies the point.

both have strengths, both have compromises, nothing wrong with getting both. a camera, whether dx or fx, is after all, a means to an end. all that matters is the result, not what you have, and if you need more than one type of body to achieve what you want.. then go for it. of course, if it is just bbb telling you "hey, get two bodies so that i can say that i have two bodies and drool over them".. then only you would know. :)

there are d40 users who put d3 users to shame, just this fact alone speaks volumes.

I agree,

There is a dude that won a photography contest up against all types of cameras, using a Canon Ixus.

AS SAID MANY TIMES: It is not the camera, but the eye behind it !!!!!!!!!!!

As a DX camera owner, I will get the FX camera and fit it with prime lenses like 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.4 for a start. As I already own the former, I just need to invest in a 85mm f/1.4 and I am done. I will continue to use my DX camera for general photography.

Last edited:
tried too.. but when I got my FX.. the DX stayed in the box all the time, under utilised and in the end at the though of space.. sold off all DX equipment.

My FX cameras are my film ones! Woohoo! =) My lenses (except my Sigma 10-20mm) can be interchanged between film & digital... That's why I love Nikon. =)

If i am not wrong Nikon's FX bodies like D3 and D700 can change between FX and DX mode right?
if that's true, then that's really very handy.
and i would probably sell off the DX and use the $$$$ to invest on lens!
otherwise i guess DX camera would probably be lying in dry cab like what the others said.

this 1 i dunno. I only know that if use DX lense, it will be cropped and only have 5MP. D700 users please correct me if i am wrong.

this 1 i dunno. I only know that if use DX lense, it will be cropped and only have 5MP. D700 users please correct me if i am wrong.

Normally the default setting is DX mode for DX lenses but you can override it and use FX lenses with a DX crop and DX lenses in FX mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.