Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are uncomfortable with lending your card to strangers, you could just simply say no to them. Did they terrorize you into lending your discount card to them? Or are you too afraid to say no for fear of repercussions (e.g kena scolding/Lose face)?

It is good if you are able to help others whenever you can. But if you feel uncomfortable about it, for reasons that you think are unfavorable or endangering to you, you can always refuse.

Quite a long time ago, I was approached to exchange some ringgit to sing dollar in JB by a stranger, after a split second decision, i decided not to for fear of ending up with counterfeit dollars. After being rejected the stranger was quite upset that i did not exchange with him. But there was a money changer stall just in front of us? :dunno:

There was one time i was queuing at BK to get some fastfood as i happened to have the discount coupon with me. Along came 2 ladies (not chio bu) and queue behind me. As they were discussing what to eat, i turn around and offered the rest of my unused coupon to them. They were quite surprised, but were happy to accept the coupons. They should at least save $2 to $3 from the coupons.

So, help whenever you can, but if you don't feel comfortable about it, you can always reject them.

As for your incident, i would lend my discount card to "them" if i can spare the time to wait. If i am in a rush, i would just tell them i can't as i am in a rush. This is applicable only to the discount card, for others i would need to reconsider first.

One thing that really peeves me is that people accuse you of being selfish if you don't lend them something. There's nothing wrong with not lending. It is your right. I hate freeloaders.

Then again if a pretty girl asks me, I dono why I oblige. :bsmilie:

One thing that really peeves me is that people accuse you of being selfish if you don't lend them something. There's nothing wrong with not lending. It is your right. I hate freeloaders.

ahhhh, that's beccause you are a freeloader yourself....hoping for free babes...

For those who are scolding the person for not lending, please think again.

My personal view is that lending the card is a plus, not lending the card is zero.

We should not make it to become that lending the card is a zero, and not lending is a minus.

A serious change in mindset is needed when people EXPECT that help is given and/or taken for granted.

I do not have any problem, if the circumstances are appropriate, to lend my discount card out to a stranger. What I have MAJOR problem with is, for a stranger to even have the nerve to ask me to for the discount card!

This should be a act of giving from the lender. this is not a situation whereby the stranger can expect charity nor ask for charity!

OH NO!!!!
hahah now the girls who think they are plain looking are going to join in and flame you.
"I dun mind if guys dun lend me their discount cards but I hate guys who would rather lend it to a pretty girl instead!!"

aiya why so much 'hate'?
its a new year.. best time of the year to reset the score and think that there are more nice ppl with good intentions out there.. and pay it forward.. focusing on the jerks that rub me off the wrong way only makes me more bitter and selfish and pissed off...

I do not have any problem, if the circumstances are appropriate, to lend my discount card out to a stranger. What I have MAJOR problem with is, for a stranger to even have the nerve to ask me to for the discount card!

This should be a act of giving from the lender. this is not a situation whereby the stranger can expect charity nor ask for charity!

So if you are in the Q and youu noticed someone not using a discount card for his/her purchase, are you going to offer the stranger your card?

If yes what would be the appropriate circumstance?

So if you are in the Q and youu noticed someone not using a discount card for his/her purchase, are you going to offer the stranger your card?

if the girl is 'chio' and potential for 'tfcd' i suppose

*groans and roll eyes*

I would think that the appropriate circumstances would be anything the person with teh card decides. It could be a chiobu, an old lady, or simply based upon his own whim and fancy at that point in time.

Agree with DP. Once we made a purchase at Tangs using a voucher. My wife had a voucher, with a few $$ to spare. We decided to pass it to the couple in the Q behind us, as unused amount cannot be redeemed anyway. They gave us the "unbelievable" look and declined. :dunno:

Maybe we look like cheats?

We've ding-dong ding-dong in this thread since last year and it is the start of a new year.

Isn't it time to close this thread and move on ?

Why is there a need to "move on"? If people have views, the thread can continue.

I can't quite understand it...

We've ding-dong ding-dong in this thread since last year and it is the start of a new year.

Isn't it time to close this thread and move on ?

If it helps the other party, and not a big sacrifice on me, why not? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.