Will you lend money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

When you loan money out, you should be prepared never to see it again.

up to you, you can give money to charity, why not lend to a friend. the person you lending to is your friend isnt he/she?

Try not to lend money.

Instead, offer help that's worth the amount of money.

E.g. No money to pay school fees. You pay the school fees for him. You don't lend him money for him to pay school fees.

depends on the friend lor

but for most,

wait

long

long

I have learn it the hard way and I have two sayings that I keep in mind now:

"Neither A Lender Nor A Borrower Be."

and my own favorite self coined phrase:

"If you are prepare to lend, be prepare to lose a friend"

Try not to lend money.

Instead, offer help that's worth the amount of money.

E.g. No money to pay school fees. You pay the school fees for him. You don't lend him money for him to pay school fees.

I have learn it the hard way and I have two sayings that I keep in mind now:

"Neither A Lender Nor A Borrower Be."

and my own favorite self coined phrase:

"If you are prepare to lend, be prepare to lose a friend"

I have to agree with both quotes here.

If someone has to borrow money, there is not a lot of chance they will be organised enough with their money to be able to pay it back.

I learnt things the hard way.

First I must say that I am no racist or anything.

In the past at work, my workers of a certain race (and only them) will keep borrowing $$$ from me, everytime small amounts but never ever return. One day I realised enough was enough, all add up I am like giving them their second pay packet. The other workers never ever borrowed any $$$ from me.

Then now even when colleagues from that race approach me to borrow $$$ I straight away turn them down.

As for friends, so far, none of my friends, as in real friends, not acquantances, need to borrow $$$ from anyone.

...one should lend only the money one could afford to give away as there is a chance we'll never see the money again.
wrong.
this condition only applies for siblings..

GF/Fiancé/Wife

They are your best friends too :sweat:

What's your policy of lending money to a friend?

I believe that one should lend only the money one could afford to give away as there is a chance we'll never see the money again.

Depends on how close you are to your friend, his character and the reason.

The late Annita Mui once said, she loses a friend each time she lends money to them
icon9.gif

Lend money to those friends that you frequently keep in contact with, not those that call you out of the blue to ask you for money. Lend to them means not only you'll lose the money you also lose a friend... :nono:

Sometimes they might call you to meet up for tea to catch up on old times. When meet face to face, its really hard to turn them down. Its not like on the phone, where you can give excuses like reception problem (;p), busy call you back later etc... :confused:

don't lend money.

just give it away
Can I be your friend? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Anyway, if I do lend money to my friend (the bigger sum), I basically write it off. If it comes back, then it is a bonus.

Can I be your friend? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Anyway, if I do lend money to my friend (the bigger sum), I basically write it off. If it comes back, then it is a bonus.

exactly, since you already know you are not going to get it back
just take it as a gift and gain some karma

So can I be your friend? ;p

What are friends?

To me, friends are ppl helping u out whenever u need them or they need you.

What are money?

Money is something which you earn, spend, lend etc... Without it, you might die.

What are trust?

Trust is something that developed over times and you know whether who are the person you should trust.

Therefore, base on the above 3 factors, if your so call friend help u before n in needs n u trust them that they will return on time, why not lend to them? But if they use your trust to cheat on you, one time is enough.

My colleague gamble when got $ n when runs low, look for us. In the end, when come to return, they drag u. So, this kind of ppl, even they consider u as a friend, can forget abt it. One of my friend, who is sick n in debt. I just transferred $100 to her n told her to take her time. She is not those pretty type but I trust her, she is my friend.

Whenever you wanted to lend $, see what they use for. If they like to gamble a lot, can forget abt it. But if you in doubt, set your limit else they might cheated u in the end. Just like my mum, lend $ to a old neighbour, think got $5k, no news liao. Be wise, else you will ended up been cheated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.