10-30mm: $1,299

Nikon 1 J1 with:
10-30mm + 30-110mm : $1,249
10-30mm + 10mm : $1,199
10mm: $1,069
10-30mm: $999

too steep leh -.- Personally, I'd rather get another brand for that price :(

Hi Strikeback4, thanks for sharing.
I wanted to buy the Lumix GF3, then heard of this Nikon EVIL and I decided to wait, hopefully it can compliment to my Nikon D90.
Wait till now, I read your thread and my hopes shattered.
Nikon is crazy with pricing.
I will go and get my Lumix GF3 this weekend.

Last edited:
Stupid 2.7x !!!!! :thumbsd:
Talk nothing. :cool:

The pricing makes the fuji x100 look like a good buy.

Wow.. overpriced le...

is it F mount??

I may consider a second hand one, just to take advantages of its crop sensor

(is it F mount??
I may consider a second hand one, just to take advantages of its crop sensor)

It is not F mount,but has F mount adapter.
Crop sensor is not advantage :nono:,you can crop your photo into many X in your computer.

well, having a smaller sensor can be 'advantageous' to people who require a focal length multiplier effect.
I can think of birders and macro photographers who probably would be at least slightly interested in this.

You get ___ megapixels covering the important part of the image circle, rather than say... having to crop the image from an FX camera aggressively, leaving you with a fairly low-res end result.

But anyway looking at the overall package, it is indeed an attractive proposition, though the price is one of the big turn-offs... :)
We shall see what street pricing is like.
Some of the features are way cool :)

well, having a smaller sensor can be 'advantageous' to people who require a focal length multiplier effect.
I can think of birders and macro photographers who probably would be at least slightly interested in this.

This is precisely what I am thinking of,......wonder how well it works in digiscoping....... just to fill up the little gaps of limited huge lens for DSLR??? .....(budget limitation, of course!):embrass:

I will consider using it as a backup camera if the price is lower and compatible with other Nikon lenses

I will consider using it as a backup camera if the price is lower and compatible with other Nikon lenses

Yeah was tempted by J1 and 10/2.8
a 10mm f/1.8 or 8mm f/1.8 would be better :)
Price is not attractive though... :think:

No way, I didnt even want to read the reviews....

Got 50% discount??? :embrass:

Hi Strikeback4, thanks for sharing.
I wanted to buy the Lumix GF3, then heard of this Nikon EVIL and I decided to wait, hopefully it can compliment to my Nikon D90.
Wait till now, I read your thread and my hopes shattered.
Nikon is crazy with pricing.
I will go and get my Lumix GF3 this weekend.

Get the GF3, awesome camera with a bigger sensor. :) One thing I've learnt though is that if you're planning to use your DSLR lenses with an m43 adapter, you might be better off with an Olympus with its in-camera stabilization. Otherwise you will not have IS at all.

GF3 it is... even with a bunch of nikon lenses im not getting that. the adapter's overpriced, and the 2.7 crop will give Nikon DSLR lenses an awkward range..

GF3 it is... even with a bunch of nikon lenses im not getting that. the adapter's overpriced, and the 2.7 crop will give Nikon DSLR lenses an awkward range..

The GF3 is 2x crop. :) You can also get decently priced adapters off e-bay, complete with aperture adjustment for G lenses. Shameless plug: You can look at my "Sentosa Life" set (link to my flickr stream below) for an idea of the GF3's image quality. Most were shot with an Olympus 45mm f/1.8 though rather than with the kit pancake or zoom lenses. The Oly 45mm is an awesomely sharp lens. No IS but ok if you shoot in bright light or bump up the ISO. The GF3 has decent noise control up to about ISO 1600. ISO3200 isn't great, IMO 6400 is unusable.

Last edited:
Get the GF3, awesome camera with a bigger sensor. :) One thing I've learnt though is that if you're planning to use your DSLR lenses with an m43 adapter, you might be better off with an Olympus with its in-camera stabilization. Otherwise you will not have IS at all.

Thank you pbear1973, I am leaning to Lumix leh. hehe