Will you buy from me or other newbie?

Will you buy from a newbie?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao_shin

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
I am a newbie. I would be looking to buy and sell some equipment here.

The question is will you buy from newbie like me, who only have a few post? Or worse, buy from a newbie that 1st post is to sell. I have seen some who reg just to sell and disappear from here after that.

P.s. I think I saw some who reg using their product name just to sell it. Eg. "SB25" just to sell SB25. :p

Originally posted by Xiao_shin
I am a newbie. I would be looking to buy and sell some equipment here.

The question is will you buy from newbie like me, who only have a few post? Or worse, buy from a newbie that 1st post is to sell. I have seen some who reg just to sell and disappear from here after that.

P.s. I think I saw some who reg using their product name just to sell it. Eg. "SB25" just to sell SB25. :p

who cares whether it's newbie or old bird.. as long as it's cheap and good, i will buy! ;)

Originally posted by zephyr

who cares whether it's newbie or old bird.. as long as it's cheap and good, i will buy! ;)

Agreed. Hey how come i see people voting that you will offer a less price cos its a newbie? Doesn't sound fair to me :dunno:

Well, unless you are an avid collector or own a camera shop, most ppl will not be regularly selling items here.

But having said that, if you are a regularly contributing member with posts in other sections, you may then have an advantage over ppl who just register to sell items as you are a "known" nick in ClubSNAP - it may make selling your item easier and also may be able to fetch a higher price.

Originally posted by Darren
But having said that, if you are a regularly contributing member with posts in other sections, you may then have an advantage over ppl who just register to sell items as you are a "known" nick in ClubSNAP - it may make selling your item easier and also may be able to fetch a higher price.
agree with darren... i was selling off some minor stuff some time back and i think it helped that people were willing to trust me and the condition of my items as i'm fairly well-known in CS...

I think it will be slightly adwantageous if 2 identical item is selling at similar price...

Of course not well know in a notorious way lah..

I think some people won't even buy 2nd hand item regardless of who the seller is. Anyone here fall into that category?

Well, does not really matter the seller's status (newbie or old bird, amateur, enthusiast or expert).

What's more important is the condition of the items for sale, seller's sincerity, and service orientation.

While I guess nothing beats a good deal, the seller's manner and persuasiveness is the clincher.

I will want to talk more to someone who knows what he/she is selling, who knows what it can do, and what it cannot, which camera it is compatible with, and which camera is not etc.

:p

I agree with Fruitybix. The buy/sell forum has been set up to facilitate the exchange of goods between members and more importantly, the photographic community.

Contribution is a matter of preference and just because a member is more reserved does not make him any less trustworthy.

At the end of the day, CAVEAT EMPTOR rules.

Hrm, but sometimes a known nick does helps a little. For eg, if Larry will to sell his tripod to me at half price, I'll still grab it without even checking. If it's a new nick, I'll probably be more careful to check why he's selling at such a cheapo price. But since it's Larry, why bother? :devil:

Glad to see that most will treat us as equal.

:)

Originally posted by togu
Hrm, but sometimes a known nick does helps a little. For eg, if Larry will to sell his tripod to me at half price, I'll still grab it without even checking. If it's a new nick, I'll probably be more careful to check why he's selling at such a cheapo price. But since it's Larry, why bother? :devil:
and if togu is selling soemthing, i have to thin thrice, coz cats are cunning ! meow ~~~~~~ :dent:

Status
Not open for further replies.