Will Xiaomi take down Samsung?

I bought a Redmi a couple of months ago and will be getting another Mi3. So what do you think?

I bought a Redmi a couple of months ago and will be getting another Mi3. So what do you think?

Mi3 has no memory card slot and not removable battery. They had already announced Mi3s, but not sure need wait how long to have version for Singapore market.
Now they selling Redmi 1s and Redmi Note.

My friend Mi3 already here! Just go to Singtel or M1, I am not sure about Starhub.

Hmm Samsung didn't really take down Apple, even if you mean by global market share, Apple isn't as "dead" as Nokia if you were to compare the 2 rivalries...

Personally.... I don't care who take who down... I buy phone for its operating system (in my case... Android)... not so much who made the phone. If small/big/middle/fried rice could produce a good looking phone at affordable price... I'll gladly dump whichever phone maker I've using till now....

Personally.... I don't care who take who down... I buy phone for its operating system (in my case... Android)... not so much who made the phone. If small/big/middle/fried rice could produce a good looking phone at affordable price... I'll gladly dump whichever phone maker I've using till now....

The South Koreans should care... a lot... Samsung accounts for 20% of that country's GDP.

XiaoMi is China bigger copycat phone maker.
They copied a lots of the design from Apple & Samsung.
They capture more market shares beooz their phones are cheap with reasonable features and speed.
Quality is also so so although they used Foxxon as their subcon to assemble the phone.

Once Apple release the Iphone 6 with bigger screen, the whole market shares for various phone will change.

The South Koreans should care... a lot... Samsung accounts for 20% of that country's GDP.

Unlike Nokia of Finland... Samsung don't just make Smartphone only.... so, unlikely they'll close shop due to XiaoMi's rising....

Pls lor. Xiaomi is considered a small fry in Samsung's eyes

Samsung does not depend on phones for survival. They made whole lot of products in the market.

And xiaomi is only famous in china. There is the whole world out there, without china.

Pls lor. Xiaomi is considered a small fry in Samsung's eyes Samsung does not depend on phones for survival. They made whole lot of products in the market. And xiaomi is only famous in china. There is the whole world out there, without china.

Tell that to Samsung haha

With the reports about the Xiaomi phone (Redmi Note) talking to its "masters' in the Chinese government I have my doubts whether this thingy will take off elsewhere in the global market. In Europe or US it is pretty much unsellable with this feature. I wouldn't be surprised to see this in other models as well.

With the reports about the Xiaomi phone (Redmi Note) talking to its "masters' in the Chinese government I have my doubts whether this thingy will take off elsewhere in the global market. In Europe or US it is pretty much unsellable with this feature. I wouldn't be surprised to see this in other models as well.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...t-secretly-upload-photos-text-messages-568279

I am sure when Apple appears, Nokia was in the state of denial, so does Apple thinking what is this poor Korean guy is trying to proof. A progressive company must recognize threat seriously. Even dynasty rises and falls over times. Behind this wave, there are bigger waves to come. hehe