Will X-Ray spoil my films???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagami85

Jan 31, 2009
Hi all!

As im flying overseas soon & im carrying films with me..
I was wondering will my films spoil when it goes through the X-Ray @ the immigration bag-check points?
Be it currently in-use film[in the camera] or unopened roll, as i did hear things about films might be damage once eXpose to X-Ray?

If so, what should i do?
Thank you all so much for your time helping me & reading this thread!
Cheers!:)

spidey89

Staff member
Jun 6, 2007
South Western Singapore
am not entirely show,but I tink have to put it in a lead bag or something,for me,I just put em in my pocket,the one in the camera just let it scan,developed and no problems with it

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi all!

As im flying overseas soon & im carrying films with me..
I was wondering will my films spoil when it goes through the X-Ray @ the immigration bag-check points?
Be it currently in-use film[in the camera] or unopened roll, as i did hear things about films might be damage once eXpose to X-Ray?

If so, what should i do?
Thank you all so much for your time helping me & reading this thread!
Cheers!:)
Have you tried a search? This has been extensively covered here and on the web. Google can really help you out.

But as a quick recap: No. That's why the x-ray machines are marked as "film safe".

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Nope, but I wouldn't put anything that's iso800 and above into my bag, just to be safe...

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris

brian

Aug 1, 2004
Seoul, South Korea
nangka.org
Passing by KLIA once and they insisted in opening every single box of the 20-30 rolls of Tri-X I have. Now I just put it thru the x-ray machine. This only applies to hand carry luggage. Do not check in film as they use stronger x-rays for those. I have brought up to Neopan 1600 multiple of times, including old looking filmsafe xrays in China. Never seen fogging.

eosandy

Sep 14, 2008
Land of smiles
Tried a roll of experimental Delta 3200 out of Australia to Singapore ... x-ray scanned 3 times b4 development and the negs are sharp with good contrast and tone. No fogging evident.

Depends how many airports you will go through really but to be careful, only hand-carry and nothing above ASA800 as recommended.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
As long as the X-Ray machine is "film-safe", which most machines are anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom