Will u Pay 0.50cents for a digital print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
I feel like it;s kinda ex compare to the cheapest I found 0.35cents.
But online I can save the trouble of burning into CD and going down collect.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by siron

What do you guys think?

Well, that's probably part of where the other $0.15 went to. For me, I usually have either a large batch to print, or nothing. Sometimes, if the quantity is not a lot, I print myself. I think there should also be a difference in the $0.50 prints (whether online or not) and the $0.35 prints.

Regards
CK

What do you guys think?

Ermmmm how u do it online????

Oh now i Know how liao. Just saw your other post. Thanks.

actually i don't really mind, considering the cost savings on film/slide. i can also pick and choose instead of developing everything as with colour negs.

one thing i do object to is the $5 service fee some places charge though.

Originally posted by firefox13
actually i don't really mind, considering the cost savings on film/slide. i can also pick and choose instead of developing everything as with colour negs.

one thing i do object to is the $5 service fee some places charge though.
Yeah but bo pian huh? Some shop waived it. But online order I dun think so..

I actually paid 29 cents per 4R after discount at Standard Photo/Singapore COlor Centre :) u need the chain's discount card though. no discounts for SAFRA card yet.

Originally posted by mpenza
I actually paid 29 cents per 4R after discount at Standard Photo/Singapore COlor Centre :) u need the chain's discount card though. no discounts for SAFRA card yet.

Well I used my 11b and got 15% discount of the total amount ah...

But they printed all my pictures will all the edges TRIMMED off!!!! Lost alot of my details!!!
They need 3:2 but my pic is 4:3!!

orh.... they did it the standard way. other shops will do the same too. I usually crop first before sending for prints.

anyway, it's the same case for film. at the different sizes (4R, 8R, etc), the negative is "cropped" differently.

orh.... they did it the standard way. other shops will do the same too. I usually crop first before sending for prints.

anyway, it's the same case for film. at the different sizes (4R, 8R, etc), the negative is "cropped" differently.

Yeah that's the prob.. they took away my details. Take part of the picture away. Then no point developing. Why can;t they just print what I sent em huh? hah.

Yeah that's the prob.. they took away my details. Take part of the picture away. Then no point developing. Why can;t they just print what I sent em huh? hah.

;p they printed using your image files but tries to fit the length sacrificing the details in the "width".

do note that the ratio for different sizes are very different. a 3:2 ratio image won't work for normal 8R pics (5:4).

Pay the $0.50 and go Colour Lab lar, just like I told you on the other thread. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Pay the $0.50 and go Colour Lab lar, just like I told you on the other thread. :)

Regards
CK

But people like me will always try to look for things cheap and good.:D

Originally posted by Megadark

But people like me will always try to look for things cheap and good.:D

We all are, but most of the time, cheap and good doesn't come together. :( Only the better labs which print the images themselves can print to your specifications. If they send them elsewhere, no guarantee. ;p

Regards
CK

then they have been doing the wrong way.

Seriously, if u really want good prints, why settle for a cheap service that delivers less than expected results???

especially after spending all the money on digital cameras...

Well I used my 11b and got 15% discount of the total amount ah...

err isit for standard photo??? what other discounts card they accept??

hi, has anyone try www.photobeans.com before? I send my photos for printing and the prints turn out quite good. They are having this promotion of 15 4R free with only a $5 handling charges for this month. I pay $5 and get 15 4R prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.