will u be a war photojournalist if given opportunity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
they are armed with sub-machine guns fanning out terrorists as they moved, u are armed with a DSLR moving along with them, capturing shots of their work in action and the victims eg hostages...:sweat:

very highly paid but risk of losing life always :sweat:

Last edited:
Only if I wish to gamble my life away.... :sweat:

they are armed with sub-machine guns fanning out terrorists as they moved, u are armed with a DSLR moving along with them, capturing shots of their work in action and the victims eg hostages...:sweat:

very highly paid but risk of losing life always :sweat:

"It's better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb."

i think the spirit of the warjournalist embraces something like that

I would if I didn't have family commitments.

But then again, being a war correspondent (photo journalist) or working in places of unrest has been the 'dream' of many a photographer at one stage or another, but not many have what it takes to do it.

But then again, being a war correspondent (photo journalist) or working in places of unrest has been the 'dream' of many a photographer at one stage or another, but not many have what it takes to do it.

it is the opportunity to capture the rawest of human emotion

the ugliest sight of human nature

and the brighest light

that said, it is never easy to make such a decision, even going into photography fulltime is a gamble to many, especially in singapore

it is the opportunity to capture the rawest of human emotion

the ugliest sight of human nature

and the brighest light

that said, it is never easy to make such a decision, even going into photography fulltime is a gamble to many, especially in singapore

It takes a special calling to do that, do it effectively and go on day after day doing it. Lofty ideals and goals will not cut it, unfortunately.

It's like someone who says, "I could work at the vets! I love animals!", and that person might just well be the least suitable candidate to deal with the daily gore, suffering, owner and business hypocrisies and death, often excruciating ones.

if i am up to the task, i would not mind.

but first, how does 1 keep the gears dust free? :sweatsm:

"war photographer spends more time cleaning gears than taking pics!!" :bsmilie:

This guy does very very nice work: http://www.zoriah.net/
Its humbling. He's charging around trying to record things and we're sitting at home waiting for the next TV show to come on..

It takes a special calling to do that, do it effectively and go on day after day doing it. Lofty ideals and goals will not cut it, unfortunately.

It's like someone who says, "I could work at the vets! I love animals!", and that person might just well be the least suitable candidate to deal with the daily gore, suffering, owner and business hypocrisies and death, often excruciating ones.

such contradiction!! :bigeyes:

suitable anot depends, if a person has literally no passion in his/her line of work. how does 1 push the boundaries to reach greater heights? working for monetary rewards alone may kill an industry like say, photography... :sweat:

Last edited:
Nope. I won't be. Because I don't have such adventurous spirit.

Last edited:
In a heart beat man.... the chance to bear witness and do something documenting humanity and it's history in your life time in whatever form as oppose to life like all the other 99.99999% living the same life doing the same un-unique stuff genration after generation, marching to the same drum beat day in day out and dying in the end. Be imortalised by your work, changing lifes by bringing stories to the people.

I had that chance in my younger days and I wish I took it not a photogrpaher but as a videographer being part of a roving news team. Had someone I know who worked with ABC news so I could have wrangle something to get a start in it. But....Just like being talked out of not taking a motobike licence as it is not safe and only for ruffians, I was talked out of taking the challenge on giving it a try too...always told to take the safe path. One of the big regrets of my life. I took chances but never chance as big like those. And I wish I did. Anyone of you get that kind of chance or calling, I say give it a fair shake. Go for it even if it means you stop half way...at least you tried it. At least then you don't have those "what if" period later in your life. Sure we have heard of death of reporters and journalist in hostile situation but the odd on it being as dangerous as it is ....is really not as high as you think. Reading the news just makes it so something.

People shoot with guns, rifles, rockets, you shoot with camera.. if both aim at each other fire at the same time who'll win? :devil::sweat:

of course he win la. i still have to wait for my lens to focus correctly. before the shutter open i already eaten his bullet.....unless he missed.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

if he missed, i win cause my focusing is razor sharp.

Wear red tinted glasses all the time then heheh.......

CHOI AH!

Razin eesh a beri established artistik photoglapher yu kno! How can use anyting less than Neecon R25 filters? 105mm summor! :cool:

Shhhhhhhhhh! Wait the others know de secklet!

Status
Not open for further replies.