Will this product prevents mould?

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
I just installed it to prevent cockroaches and lizards.

But the phamplet says it prevent molds too. I am not expecting it to really effectively prevent molds or fungus on camera equipment. I just wonder will it harm lens coating in prolonged usage.

Obviously it says it won't harm human health.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Welcome to Singapore SPCA Online

sjackal said:
I just installed it to prevent cockroaches and lizards.

But the phamplet says it prevent molds too. I am not expecting it to really effectively prevent molds or fungus on camera equipment. I just wonder will it harm lens coating in prolonged usage.

Obviously it says it won't harm human health.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Welcome to Singapore SPCA Online

Not at all. The product helps to mask the scent of mold, but does nothing for mold.

I had something similar a while back which i placed in my closets. It worked driving insects away.. but not sure on the mold part.

Interesting how they can conclude from "rids foul smell caused by growth of mold and fungi" (as written on the package) to "helps in the prevention of mould growing."

Installed it where? In your dry cabinet??

I just wonder will it harm lens coating in prolonged usage.

What's the active ingredient?

not sure leh, claim to be all natural herbal ingredient.

I put it as I spotted a cochroach in my room. Then I read the label it says prevent mould. Hmmm.

I think it's chrysanthemum extract. It's a natural insect repellant. Don't think it prevents mold though. Unless its so dried up that it absorbs water? :p