Will this photo make you want to go to Goodwood Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Hi all,
For this photo, I wanted to create a vibrant mix of colours, on a warm basis...
trying to make it such that the photo can entice the viewer to go further and venture into Goodwood Park Hotel...

Has it achieved its desired effect..?
If not, how can i improve such shoots it?

goodwoodparkhotel2.jpg

goodwoodparkhotel.jpg

try using a wider angle lens and take either in the early morning or late afternoon.. seems to me ur shots are abit bright..

As what destiny_star had pointed out, go during early morning, late evening and twilight times.
Avoid sun in front of you.

Crop tighter to eliminate the backdrop *other building*.
Position yourself more to your left.
If possible, show the word GOODWOOD PARK.

just my opinion

Cheers~
Keep on shooting :)

richliow said:
Hi all,
trying to make it such that the photo can entice the viewer to go further and venture into Goodwood Park Hotel...

Nope. Look like a normal snapshot of a Building. Why would I want to go in?

But sorry, I'm not good at presenting concepts on how to shoot a shot of this hotel to fulfil your goal to "entice the viewer to go hurther and venture into Goodwood Park Hotel"

Do continue on this project and post here ok?

For enticement, better clouds on a nice blue sky is a must to me to bring up the fairy tale look that is the real strength of Goodwood.

The first pic has good perspective and the tower is here. Can still improve. But clouds are over exposed and the building under. Serious wrong timing dude. Control the persperctive, expose the building & trees perfectly and ps the clouds & sky in.

As pointed out in earlier by others, the modern building on both sides drains out the picture. PS/ crop it off.

if your intention is to make people want to go in, you have to provide us with different views of the building. i presume that you want to show the whole building so that we can identify the building. for enticing people, you need to post shots of the entrance and probably meter for the insides- probably a night shot would do more justice. play with shadows and light to make some interesting shots. the pictures right now are more documentary in nature.

another way of going about it might be to shoot a series of shots only one of which captures the whole building. the rest could be parts of it, night shots, shots with harsh daylight showing cool interiors etc.

hope this helps:)

richliow said:
Hi all,
For this photo, I wanted to create a vibrant mix of colours, on a warm basis...

If not, how can i improve such shoots it?

goodwoodparkhotel2.jpg

paiseh i took your pics & did some perspective correction... anyway i dun have the actual file, so the pics now dun look really nice...

anyway, you should try to get the perspective like this, will be better.. and should try on camera so that not so tedious on the photoshop...

goodwoodparkhotel2.jpg

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
paiseh i took your pics & did some perspective correction... anyway i dun have the actual file, so the pics now dun look really nice...

anyway, you should try to get the perspective like this, will be better.. and should try on camera so that not so tedious on the photoshop...

goodwoodparkhotel2.jpg
actually the road is converging on two down slopes...
one from the left, one from the right..
hence the U shaped road.......

when you said try on camera, do you mean that there is a lens which can make curves straight ? or ?:bsmilie:

i think what Del_CtrlnoAlt meant is either leave out the road or have a full view of where the road is coming from.

richliow said:
actually the road is converging on two down slopes...
one from the left, one from the right..
hence the U shaped road.......

when you said try on camera, do you mean that there is a lens which can make curves straight ? or ?:bsmilie:

ya there is lens to make, either a tilt shift lens or a bellow. i mean to say that, the buildings should be straight, not curved inwards for landscape...

and also, since u wan ppl to go Goodwood, y the pic, no goodwood?:think:

A-Von said:
i think what Del_CtrlnoAlt meant is either leave out the road or have a full view of where the road is coming from.

actually, i find the curves rather distracting, thats y i try to make it straight... :p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually, i find the curves rather distracting, thats y i try to make it straight... :p

imho, the original perspective was correct, and the corrected version is not! but i understand what you are saying about the road being distracting, but i think it is not a problem of perspective:)

vkashi said:
if your intention is to make people want to go in, you have to provide us with different views of the building. i presume that you want to show the whole building so that we can identify the building. for enticing people, you need to post shots of the entrance and probably meter for the insides- probably a night shot would do more justice. play with shadows and light to make some interesting shots. the pictures right now are more documentary in nature.

another way of going about it might be to shoot a series of shots only one of which captures the whole building. the rest could be parts of it, night shots, shots with harsh daylight showing cool interiors etc.

hope this helps:)

Hey, good ideas you have given me =)
thanks

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya there is lens to make, either a tilt shift lens or a bellow. i mean to say that, the buildings should be straight, not curved inwards for landscape...

and also, since u wan ppl to go Goodwood, y the pic, no goodwood?:think:
oh, its not a real project,
just trying to understand how folks read picture...
so that I can learn about which angles to shoot to tune to the visual taste buds of folks

Status
Not open for further replies.