Will this end Telco dominance?

thanks for sharing Unclefei ! this time you are "updated" than me/us. no kidding. thanks again.

by 2nd quarter , whatsapp also can call free. let see if Singtel can afford to buy it or not,.

suppose it use mobile date network (GPRS/3G/4G), so telco will lower the date bundle even more?

our market shares is too small for the competitor to make an impact.

take petrol prices for example. one up/lower price, the rest follow suit within an hr or so.

there isnt much we can do sometime.

Thanks for the update, very interesting.
Currently only available for Android users.

I tried Viber once and I still went back to a plan. This one supposed to work on poor network environment but you still need a data plan. At this rate the telcos will unilaterally reduce our data from 12GB to 2GB to 1GB and still increase the price.

no matter what these *free* VOIP services offer, they still need some form of packet-data services as the backhaul, be it wifi or GPRS/3G/4G services to work. so Telcos will increase the price for data subscription and it is still LPPL. :)

As long as we still need to use Teleco's 'Data Plan'... they'll survive...

With almost everyone using some form texting more than voice communication.
Free voice communication doesn't save us a lots.

QQ, WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Skype, FaceTime, etc already have free voice & video communication but how many of us really fully utilize it ?

In order for Telco to make more money on subscribers, they just have to increase data plan charges from time to time.