Will the Groom be Allowed to Take Fotos of the Bride in an Outdoor Shoot?


Status
Not open for further replies.

tlucmpla

New Member
Oct 30, 2003
73
0
0
Somewhere
Visit site
#1
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure am I in the right place to ask such a question.

Suppose in an outdoor shoot. Will the groom be allowed to take pics of his wife while the professional photographer from the bridal studio is shooting too?

Anyone has such experience before? From the pros' point of view, would you allow such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#2
Why not?????? You can even take pictures of the groom taking pictures of the bride who is taking pictures of the relatives who is taking picture of the photographer (trying to set up the photographer for arranged marriage session????) :D
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#3
usually outdoors they are more 'lenient'. nevertheless, if you're the groom, you're the person paying for it, and if you ask upfront (ie before u pay the $$$) and they say no, you can always vote with your feet :p

what the pros (assuming salaried/inhouse phtoographers) are concerned about is that the 2nd guy shooting over his shoulder may disrupt the shoot, either the model or the photographer. what the shop is concerned about is that your shooting may affect their business in terms of selling you prints :p at the end of hte day its all abt $$$ :p

to avoid doubts, ask BEFORE u pay and decide.

tlucmpla said:
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure am I in the right place to ask such a question.

Suppose in an outdoor shoot. Will the groom be allowed to take pics of his wife while the professional photographer from the bridal studio is shooting too?

Anyone has such experience before? From the pros' point of view, would you allow such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#4
I think you're contemplating an actual day shoot whereas the original poster may be contemplating an outdoor wedding album shoot.

blurblock said:
Why not?????? You can even take pictures of the groom taking pictures of the bride who is taking pictures of the relatives who is taking picture of the photographer (trying to set up the photographer for arranged marriage session????) :D
 

patch17

New Member
Jun 30, 2003
728
0
0
here and there
#5
tlucmpla said:
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure am I in the right place to ask such a question.

Suppose in an outdoor shoot. Will the groom be allowed to take pics of his wife while the professional photographer from the bridal studio is shooting too?

Anyone has such experience before? From the pros' point of view, would you allow such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc
ummm... i don't see why not. it's his big day. so long as he doesn't forget his new wife. and his new wife don't mind.
 

tlucmpla

New Member
Oct 30, 2003
73
0
0
Somewhere
Visit site
#6
Actually the outdoor shoot concerned is for the wedding photo album.

Yes, the bridal house may be afraid that the business will be affected. And yes, the professional photographer is "afraid" it might disrupt his work.

As one of you has mentioned, the groom can always vote with his feet of the bridal house wants his business.

However, do you think it is appropriate for the groom to take pictures on the very day of the outdoor shoot without first asking?

Luc
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#7
i assume that you already paid up - in which case ur bargaining position is weakened :p

nevertheless, i know of a lot of outdoor shoots where the family takes their own picutres - its nothign uncommon.

tlucmpla said:
Actually the outdoor shoot concerned is for the wedding photo album.

Yes, the bridal house may be afraid that the business will be affected. And yes, the professional photographer is "afraid" it might disrupt his work.

As one of you has mentioned, the groom can always vote with his feet of the bridal house wants his business.

However, do you think it is appropriate for the groom to take pictures on the very day of the outdoor shoot without first asking?

Luc
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom