Will people laugh at me if I bring Canon S90 for model shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorable

Jun 8, 2009
Bury Road
Everyone will be using SLR or D-SLR and I am using Canon S90. Will other laugh at me? :embrass:

Nope they won't. Some fans have brought HP cameras and compacts to modelshoots. I understand their motive and respect them just as the rest of the guys, but only drawback is there's a high % you'll get isolated by the nikon, canon, olympus, sony dslr-ers.

Show them you can take a better picture. Then you can laugh back at them if they dare mock you for not using DSLR.

i think i've seen someone with a rangefinder doing a photoshoot before.. i've never been to a photoshoot anyway so i wouldn't know

Everyone will be using SLR or D-SLR and I am using Canon S90. Will other laugh at me? :embrass:

LOL, why would they?? Even if u dun bring any camera and just go there to oggle at the gers, they will not laugh at you since...they are also doing that, just that they are carrying a SLR...:D

this is funny.. if you feel that it's fine and you don't mind.. i don't see why you can't bring the S90 for the model shoot.. :bsmilie:

LOL, why would they?? Even if u dun bring any camera and just go there to oggle at the gers, they will not laugh at you since...they are also doing that, just that they are carrying a SLR...:D

oh ok.. now i understand what is the ultimate purpose of such model shoots.. ;p

I have seen a number of people using PnS during model shoots, just like there are people using Hasselblad or Leica, i find there is nothing strange or strange about it, i am sure no one will laugh at you.

it's not the camera but the eye behind the camera.
Take some good pics, any camera will do as long as you know what you are doing.

There's nothing "laughable" about bringing a Canon S90 for an outdoor model shoot. But not for studio. There's no hotshoe to trigger the strobes.

I guess people would have the courtesy not to laugh. But their maybe like laughing at you inside. But if you dont mind i guess it's really ok. Anyway, my dad is a great handphone photographer, and I can see great shots from his handphone! It's not the equipment, it's the eye.

i will only laugh at you if the face is not in focus but the boobs are.

or if your camera has signs of nosebleed after the shoot :bsmilie::bsmilie:

or if you obviously try to squat down, not to get a better angle, but to hide the tent in your pants :angel:

if u r confident of ur own ability...doesn't matter what camera u use :)

I saw people with $10 disposable cameras. It was fun. :)

i'd probably laugh.

well I laughed at myself but only if I got a good shot. ;p
saw ppl used all sorts of camera:cool:, Nokia HP, PnS, SLR, DSLR. nobody dare to guarantee he or his camema will definately produce better pictures than someone else.
But for sure better gears will hold the edge especially when in the darkness. :sweat:

If they do laugh, video them and post up here for everyone to see who the snobs are. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.