Will Pentax be at Sitex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
Just wondering whether Pentax will have an official booth at Sitex? I am thinking of getting a K-X this week and wondering whether I should just go down to OP to buy or wait for Sitex? Maybe Sitex's price will be the same but give more freebies?;p Or got other colours?

Pentax at sitex, something I'd never even have dreamed..;p

Just wondering whether Pentax will have an official booth at Sitex? I am thinking of getting a K-X this week and wondering whether I should just go down to OP to buy or wait for Sitex? Maybe Sitex's price will be the same but give more freebies?;p Or got other colours?

even if they are there the best deal is usually elsewhere as one of the usual camera shops, at least for photo gear.

Just asked Emjay. They replied they do not have a policy to attend such events. Also checked with Manly and apparently they are not going also which is weird because the the white k-x will capture alot of hearts there.

It's all about cost. You need to pump in quite a bit money to participate this kind of event. If can't sell much, probably don't worth it.

Unless Pentax is willing to pay for such event, which we all know they won't ...

Actually Emjay can set up an "Emjay" stand selling sanyo and pentax stuff. That way will be economically more viable. Pls nowhere will you get a critical mass of the correct type of buyers in one place.

....they are not going also which is weird because the the white k-x will capture alot of hearts there.

Yes... alot of hearts AND plenty of fingerprint marks!

Imagine 600,000 pairs of hands on a few white K-x display sets... might turn it brown color. Liddat no need to order brown sets from Japan already. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes... alot of hearts AND plenty of fingerprint marks!

Imagine 600,000 pairs of hands on a few white K-x display sets... might turn it brown color. Liddat no need to order brown sets from Japan already. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

yeah but if you wipe off the prints, it will turn into a nice cream colour, just like how the ivory aged. :bsmilie:

one of the years, k200d went for a very good deal, with dual lens going quite cheap

i can't remember how much exactly, but i know it was worth it, a few people from my school got it there.. :bsmilie:

one of the years, k200d went for a very good deal, with dual lens going quite cheap

i can't remember how much exactly, but i know it was worth it, a few people from my school got it there.. :bsmilie:

1099 i think..

It's all about cost. You need to pump in quite a bit money to participate this kind of event. If can't sell much, probably don't worth it.

Unless Pentax is willing to pay for such event, which we all know they won't ...

Support with the real picture as what FW has mention,big money pump into it but
return very less.

Picture taken at COMEX 2007 if i'm not wrong.

PENTAX booth with nice set-up & pretty model.

DSC_9928.jpg

Busy cashier..............:bsmilie:

DSC_9927.jpg

Not forgetting Kevin from the service centre was there too!
I asked if I can buy the polo shirt but was told only for shriro staff....sigh...

Pentax-Kelvin.jpg

Well, its a Chicken & Eggs Story.. they need to create marketing efforts that draws the crowds to see the products.. why N & C can draw that kind of crowds even if their entry level DSLR is not really fantastic.. its becos of their branding.. pple felt confidence of the brand.. and that's why they buy.. not knowing many details to it.. cos to them N & C are good...

So Emjay.. do something about Marketing.. else, no matter how good the products, it will not be sold well..

Well, its a Chicken & Eggs Story.. they need to create marketing efforts that draws the crowds to see the products.. why N & C can draw that kind of crowds even if their entry level DSLR is not really fantastic.. its becos of their branding.. pple felt confidence of the brand.. and that's why they buy.. not knowing many details to it.. cos to them N & C are good...

So Emjay.. do something about Marketing.. else, no matter how good the products, it will not be sold well..

To be fair to Emjay, they've been trying pretty hard to market for Pentax stuff. Iit's much easier to buy Pentax stuff here in SG than before. But you know Emjay is just a small company, they don't have the cash to burn like C or N. They are just a distributor for Pentax. Unless Pentax is willing to invest the money for advertisement or marketing, I don't think Emjay will ever show Pentax stuff on this kind of events at all.

i remembered sometime back a couple of years ago pentax does have a advertisement on comfort taxis... that was when k10d was just launched... :thumbsup:

To be fair to Emjay, they've been trying pretty hard to market for Pentax stuff. Iit's much easier to buy Pentax stuff here in SG than before. But you know Emjay is just a small company, they don't have the cash to burn like C or N. They are just a distributor for Pentax. Unless Pentax is willing to invest the money for advertisement or marketing, I don't think Emjay will ever show Pentax stuff on this kind of events at all.

I think publicity and advertising for Pentax now is like Apple.. when it wasn't big in terms of iPods and iPhones yet -- it's largely dependent on old-timers who used its film SLR/lenses of yore and newer, younger generation of 'cult' fans.

I have convinced 3 other friends to go Pentax; definitely nothing to do with Pentax's official advertising efforts! And I believe many other new users also swayed by current Pentaxians' personal efforts. :)

Having said that, it'll still be a pity if Pentax don't ramp up its PR and ad visibility more while it still has the only coloured DSLR bodies around, to gain that bit of market share/sales.. if going colour is successful, you can be sure other brands will soon jump on the bandwagon.

there is the issue of whether it is going to pay off to try to seize a slice of pie

sure, aggressive marketing, in a world where pentax has unlimited money.. that is going to work in the long run. but the question is whether pentax can even dream of matching canon/nikon aggressive marketing, and sustain it to reap the profits later on. i don't think it's possible, and therefore, it is not worth the time or money to do so, as it will only burn both.

Status
Not open for further replies.