Will like offers for paid shoots for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
This seems to be a current trend ..... usually something like this....
First, a young girl, and being the holiday season, decides to improve some photos in her friendsters/facebook's account, and decide to test her luck for free shots from some photographers and so post an invite thread here ....

"hi all.
i am a newbie model. i have no experience and would like to get some through this holidays.
please teach me more along the way.
no NUDE and lingerie please :) "

then in no time her pm is all flooded with "serious" shooters within minutes .... and then the tone changed .....

"thanks for so many TFCD requests .... any paid shoots available ?".....

and the offers keep coming, and so the new tone is now ....

" thanks all for the fantastic responses :)
will like offers for paid shoots for now .... how much should i charge them? what is the market rate?...."

then out of nowhere, images of bikini ( no NUDE and lingerie) shots appeared in the thread..... :think:

Just wondering ..... i am all for the reimbursement of expenses (transport/food/agreed items, etc) to the models, but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?

If the girls are hot enough. then maybe will pay. its a free market, willing shooter, willing poser. :D

First, a young girl, and being the holiday season, decides to improve some photos in her friendsters/facebook's account, and decide to test her luck for free shots from some photographers and so post an invite thread here ....

"hi all.
i am a newbie model. i have no experience and would like to get some through this holidays.

then in no time her pm is all flooded with "serious" shooters within minutes .... and then the tone changed .....

will like offers for paid shoots for now .... how much should i charge them? what is the market rate?...."

then out of nowhere, images of bikini ( no NUDE and lingerie) shots appeared in the thread..... :think:

Just wondering ..... i am all for the reimbursement of expenses (transport/food/agreed items, etc) to the models, but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?

i know who u are refering to...

no... i won't pay them... i might even go on dutch for meals... i am stingy...

no... i won't pay them... i might even go on dutch for meals... i am stingy...

you are not stingy, you are practical, its the bunch of self deluded photographers who just wanna get a syt smiling thru their lens that spoils the market, its mostly in sg that photog pay to shoot newbie models... usually its the ohter way round...

If the girls are hot enough. then maybe will pay. its a free market, willing shooter, willing poser. :D

"Hot" as in a pretty face, sexy body, haio poses, extra-friendly, ? By looking at some of her images (hp or badly taken shots) posted, can you decide whether she is hot enough?

Are you not concern whether she can pose or not? Whether she is natural or need yr full instruction?

How about her attitude ... is that important to you? :think:

Are you not concern what are the type of images you can get from each shoots or you just want to have some cheap fun with "hot" models?

Bro .... please la .... i DECLARE that I am NOT referring to anyone particularly.
If there is any resemblence to the wordings they are just coincidence.

"Hot" as in a pretty face, sexy body, haio poses, extra-friendly, ? By looking at some of her images (hp or badly taken shots) posted, can you decide whether she is hot enough?

Are you not concern whether she can pose or not? Whether she is natural or need yr full instruction?

How about her attitude ... is that important to you? :think:

Are you not concern what are the type of images you can get from each shoots or you just want to have some cheap fun with "hot" models?

thats what i wanted to say. Its all depends on the motive of the shooter or the one paying. If they decided that is a "good deal" then there is nothing we can do to stop them. in the end, its all about money.

What the girl or model is worth ? 50, 100, or million like super models ? Standard supply and demand question also. Vice versa on the models and subjects.

I will only seek models only when there is a need.
Depending on the Budget for the Shoot, I will either pay the Model in term of cash or in terms of the Fashion used for the shoot

you are not stingy, you are practical, its the bunch of self deluded photographers who just wanna get a syt smiling thru their lens that spoils the market, its mostly in sg that photog pay to shoot newbie models... usually its the ohter way round...

Thanks to the well-paid day job mah. :bsmilie:

Well there are lots of "models" at sentosa beach...whats more it's free:sweat:

Talents are sought usually for the special look - may it be fat and ordinary looking or pretty face with a hot figure. Some successful commercials are made possible with an out of the norm look (messy hair, huge body, big mole on face, big & small eyes, big butt, etc...). Why? Because there are enough pretty faces on almost every bus ad, magazine ad, TV commercials...

So, why not we source for models to fit a certain theme? For newbies, they should be paid for what is being agreed. Market rates are only a guide. The forces of demand and supply would eventually flatten down out their rates if the talents "over valued" themselves.

So if a newbie is asking for a professional rate but has a certain x factor that fits a certain theme I have in mind, I would not mind paying so long as certain conditions are fulfilled (model release, cooperative during shoot, etc). For coaching, I would recommend them a few titles to borrow from the library and read up first; that should make these newbies feel more at home during the actual shoot.

:bsmilie:

I hate school holidays.

What irks me is they have the cheek to ask for paid shoots when they don't have a decent portfolio or none! A received an email the other day from a wannabe, she wants to be shot. I pay her and she keeps the photos. ;(

I hate school holidays.

What irks me is they have the cheek to ask for paid shoots when they don't have a decent portfolio or none! A received an email the other day from a wannabe, she wants to be shot. I pay her and she keeps the photos. ;(

toh tiap free labour... :thumbsup:

newbie photographers will pay for newbie models..

Ignorance breeds ignorance...

I hate school holidays.

Akin to paying to be robbed!
:D

toh tiap free labour... :thumbsup:

People actually offer to do that. ;( Spoil the market in a good way... cause they do a bad job and models come looking for a proper TFCd after that :bsmilie::bsmilie:

"hi all.

Actually, I received a pm from that TS much earlier before the thread was posted and I guess quite a few others too. Guess lack of replies led to the thread being posted.

I hate school holidays.

And there are some that will actually do it. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.