Will KPT kena?

50k ? I only count Sion and Kei.. and few cats.. can't be more than my fingers combined :bsmilie:

Theres uncle RF.. but haven't seen in last few hours.. maybe clamped down alr :bsmilie:

Is it an issue of collecting more license fees or is it an issue of needing to control what these websites report as "news" to >50,000 people each?

Is it an issue of collecting more license fees or is it an issue of needing to control what these websites report as "news" to >50,000 people each?

IMO its control.. 10 x 50k is only half a mil
but if thats the case.. its quite absurd.. MDA never heard of citizen journalism? crowdsourcing? twitter? FB?
Maybe we want to have a Small Firewall now? Coz London Eye copycat not viable alr :bsmilie:

IMO its control.. 10 x 50k is only half a mil
but if thats the case.. its quite absurd.. MDA never heard of citizen journalism? crowdsourcing? twitter? FB?
Maybe we want to have a Small Firewall now? Coz London Eye copycat not viable alr :bsmilie:

Funds collected from this activity will go towards the "Save the Singapore Flyer" Charity

:)

Ha! Ha! Ha! Stealth censorship, white ninja style.

Yahoo! News Singapore, your demise will soon be upon you.

We need to maintain 1st in everything. Including press freedom. Although this time 1st is counted from the bottom. Still first, right?

It's a step to assimilate other news site into those owned by state. Resistance is futile.

.. All Your Base Are Belong To Us ..

Ok time to resume Random, Tang Shooters, Expose Yourself, SunChaser TCSS thread :bsmilie:

.. All Your Base Are Belong To Us ..

If someone were to follow the infamous adult forum method, hosting it overseas, they can attempt to clamp it till cow come home.

Last edited:
If someone were to follow the infamous adult forum method, hosting it overseas, they can attempt to clamp it till cow come home.

If China can block Facebook and the likes, Singapore (with expertise that we "export to China") can block any site it wants.

Sure, these sites can say what they want. But Singaporeans here can't read or comment, and they will die. No one else outside Singapore is interested in us except for bad news.

posted by ninelives
http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=8362

Ng E-jay? who the heck is he?

also while i don't agree with the $50,000 bond, more must be done to curb the brainless drivel from popular anti-government sites like TOC, TRS and TRE.

those websites are ridiculous and most of their articles are filled with unsubstantiated claims and misrepresented information. it's a wonder how educated Singaporeans can even believe them.

you want freedom. you want everything. you want transparency. but there is always a price to pay for too much freedom, a price for wanting to have everything, and most definitely, i don't think anyone is ready for everything to be transparent; you run the risk of your opponents (at home and abroad) knowing too much of your strategies.

Last edited:
Well, to give another perspective, you have people accusing photojournalists of faking photographs of cyclists, you have people accusing MDA of rejecting funding for Ilo Ilo... And the best part is, these news sites don't filter through and do due diligence. They just happily copy and paste everything and pass it off as "reporting" and claim to present an "alternative view of Singapore".

I can see the reasons for the unhappiness, but where does the buck stop for such undesirable occurences? I'm sure no one here supports the spreading of mistruths. It just makes it worse when the watchers just absolve themselves of all guilt, in some cases, preening about forcing organizations to clarify.

So what's next? Claims of coronavirus killing 80,000 people in the North of Singapore? Claims that the whole of Hougang town has vanished into a gigantic sinkhole because "someone on Facebook said so"? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of all these ridiculous attempts from obvious trolls, and far more disappointed at the "alternatives" for blindly, unthinkingly picking up on it and then cleaning it up later on as if nothing had happened (or even worse, justifying their previous actions).

I personally see this as an effort to establish some form of accountability. Certainly we can all view this negatively and claim that it's censorship, link it to China, etc etc etc and run amok with speculations. From my limited perspective, there is also a plus side to it. Cheers.

Well, to give another perspective, you have people accusing photojournalists of faking photographs of cyclists, you have people accusing MDA of rejecting funding for Ilo Ilo... And the best part is, these news sites don't filter through and do due diligence. They just happily copy and paste everything and pass it off as "reporting" and claim to present an "alternative view of Singapore".

I can see the reasons for the unhappiness, but where does the buck stop for such undesirable occurences? I'm sure no one here supports the spreading of mistruths. It just makes it worse when the watchers just absolve themselves of all guilt, in some cases, preening about forcing organizations to clarify.

It's sad fact. The alternative view, justifies their existence based on the fact that our country press freedom is ranked 149th (or was it 150th).

I sincerely believes once the ratings goes up, those alternative view sites would become something like sites reporting Yeti, UFO, doomsday kinda stuff. No one would believe them, since our mainstream media is v good already. Heck, they'll be avoided by most like plague.

Last edited: