will i be laugh at if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnblur

Jun 9, 2007
Serangoon Ave.2
if i were to carry tis along for night shoot, will make people laugh at me?

tripod2A.jpg

you should not care what other people think,
only your image matters

anyway i have also used my big old manfrotto 055 with a P&S
and this is what i shot

IMG_0525.jpg

only your image matters

and this is what i shot

IMG_0525.jpg

nice shot....you hide behind curtains/blinds ah? :p

you shoot that time, you should care more about people laughing at you,

or care more about what shots you get, that you can use to pwn them after they laugh at you? :dunno:

i still remember quite a few incidents where got the popular brand people very happily say EH PENTAX and then point and laugh

who cares? if they think that way, they probably cannot make it :bsmilie:

actually depends on whether you are talking about the tripod and camera

or the door

or the socket and wire and plug-in point :bsmilie:

i was walking along Orchard Road one night and after snapping a picture, notice lots of passer by staring at my hand carrying tis gadget and it make me feel sua koo (mountain tortoise) so left tat place and go home

aiya. its ok la. i also put my pns on a manfrotto to shoot at night. and my 40 with a string as a monopod at the zoo. got ang mo laugh at me but who cares.

seems like more ppl stare if i use a big cam with tua kee lens :think:

don't care them lah.

they probably see you carrying a tripod and assume you are some hotshot phtographer but wonder why you only have a small p&s. they don't really know what a tripod is supposed to be used for, so they laugh to hide their ignorance.

if you violent type, beat them over the head with your tripod. (not advisable due to legal and criminal implications.)

if you garang type, ask them to pose for a picture. what's the worst that can happen? they say 'no' and shy away or you get a picture of them you can pin on your wall.

if you shy type, just ignore and keep walking.

or you can always point to their groin, laugh and say 'at least my tripod's bigger than yours.'

Thanking you bro n sis out there for taking time reading tis thread. Will take up all ur good suggestions such as ignoring them n proceed with shooting. ;)

Just shoot lah.....

There was one night I looked damn funny - high end carbon fiber tripod, nice ballhead, and a HOLGA 120GN on top of it.. even my guys were saying there were people looking at me. Look lor.. doesn't worry me ;)

Firstly, it's my only tripod that can handle my larger cameras. I had my digital with me, but wanted to take a few snaps for fun (cannot meh? :D) so I brought the Holga, changed camera and took a few pics. Came out quite nice, I liked the Holga results.

only your image matters

and this is what i shot

IMG_0525.jpg

Hi ortega,

Great photo .... what happened to the P5100 :think:

You take great photo's with the various cameras you use :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

if they laugh then laugh with them, after finishing laughing then ask them what is so funny :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.