Will Go to Jurong BirdPark, a Tripod is necessary or not?

Sleepies

Apr 20, 2010
hi CS'ers

this Saturday i'll going to jurong bird park with my 550D and most of the shot maybe i will use 55-250mm IS f4-5.6 canon lens to capturing the object (Bird)

just want to ask
is a tripod will be useful for it? in order to get sharp picture of bird :)

thanks.. ;)

the bird will move.... tripod is not useful in this case.

nice if you want to get self pictures.... tripod useful for that...

happy shooting !!! :D

ow i see..

bcoz this is my first time to go there and still don't know the condition in that area :)

that's why i asking in"Newbies Corner" before bring the heavy tripod ;p

any other reason? :D

Tripod is useful at the telephoto end of your lens. The longer the focal length, the more it's affected by handshake.

this Saturday i'll going to jurong bird park with my 550D and most of the shot maybe i will use 55-250mm IS f4-5.6 canon lens to capturing the object (Bird)
just want to ask
is a tripod will be useful for it? in order to get sharp picture of bird :)

Not necessarily. It could be helpful in certain situations, even landscape photographers use a tripod although landscape tends to be more stationary and patient than a bird. But don't forget to switch off the IS when using tripod .. and switch on again when using in hand ...
If you are used to a tripod it's fine, if not better leave at home. Otherwise you'll miss the duo-pod over fiddling with the tri-pod :)

It's purely your personal choice!!

I had a tripod long back, used to carry it all along and hardly used... personally I don't require a tripod, except those long exposure night shots. ISO does the thing for me. Canon 40D has a very good ISO performance.
Having said that, many people love their tripod/monopod and use for everything. Handshake is noticeable in tele range (again your personal style)

My suggestion will be, carry it along with you and see if it is useful or not...... rather than going there and missing your tripod all the way :eek:

Used EFS 55-250 at the bird park before, don't need tripod.

Hope u have fun.

Not necessarily helpful but still a plus to bring, and if u have little confidence in ur handholding techniques (esp at the 200mm end)..

Most i know dont.. Only those with heavy telephotos find monopod handy (some even tripod) for these kind of shoot. :)

You can consider a tripod if you want to take a picture of the waterfall or self portrait. For me, i rather carry a tripod the whole day and use it for 1 or 2 shots than to leave it at home and be left wanting when i needed it.

Tripod will take care of camera shake at low shutter speed. A burst of 5 to 10 shots will normally yield a good shot of a moving subject.

Used EFS 55-250 at the bird park before, don't need tripod.

Hope u have fun.

Oh wait, there an exhibit call World of Darkness, where they keep the owls. Only place I think tripod might be useful because no flash photography allowed there.

Oh wait, there an exhibit call World of Darkness, where they keep the owls. Only place I think tripod might be useful because no flash photography allowed there.

... and tell the owl that you are taking a great shot of him... so he will pose for you ;)

No use one.I see so many people using flash there.Poor owls:cry:

No use one.I see so many people using flash there.Poor owls:cry:

But use flash inside for what? The glass will reflect and you can only see yourself.. Its sad that there are such inconsiderate people around..

But use flash inside for what? The glass will reflect and you can only see yourself.. Its sad that there are such inconsiderate people around..

they only realised that after they shoot...mostly using pns and trying their luck....

Inconsiderate or just to lazy / stupid / whatnot to read a manual and to memorize a simple setting. But not only this. Other parents allow their kids to use the walkway as runway, combined with scream tests to evaluate the acoustic characteristics. And uncle guard is having a coffee and chat with uncle guard next door .. lovely.