Will dust get into sensor if nvr change lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d700KING

Deregistered
Oct 10, 2011
any ideas????

If you are so afraid of dust, you should consider using a PnS.

It will still get into the body, esp if you're using a Zoom lens... I had the same thinking as you when I first got my DSLR but Reno is right, they are everywhere....
Even if I send it cleaned by NSC, dust will suddenly reappear on the photo.... =(

Dust will get it... They are everywhere..

Indeed, dust is everywhere.

Just like bacteria, is everywhere.

Doesn't stop people from shooting and changing lens.

Doesn't stop people from digging nose now and then.

dust will minimise if you get a sealed lens

FYI, dust specks come with every single camera leaving the factory.......

Indeed, recently sold a rather clean and seldom used D series lens and buyer said "wow so many dust ah"

I was like, "are you sure? Have you seen dust from a 1960s/70s well used lens before? and you call a few microscopic specks "so many dust ah"

Either ignorant or trying to pull a discount. Decided not to sell him, sell other people and gave discount. Haha, dust to him.

Last edited:
Either ignorant or trying to pull a discount. Decided not to sell him, sell other people and gave discount. Haha, dust to him.

Looks more like dirt to him, cheers that you give discount to others!

Aiyo aiyo .. Why so afraid of dust .. Ppl ..
Buy equipment is for use, not keep in dry box and perserve in new condition ..

you change lens only in a wafer fab lab clean room loh.

It is unavoidable. You can just help minimized it by changing lens faster. You get more when you use a zoom lens with extending barrel. It will be like a vacuum pump sucking air in (together with any minute particles) every time you zoom in.

technically speaking.... dust'll never get into the sensor... it'll only stick on the surface of the sensor... and whatever surface there is inside the lens.

and technically speaking... it's right to say that dust will get into the lens..

technically speaking.... dust'll never get into the sensor... it'll only stick on the surface of the sensor... and whatever surface there is inside the lens.

and technically speaking... it's right to say that dust will get into the lens..

u are just playing with words... :angry:

Answer: Yes. but just less likely compared to if u were to keep changing lenses. Having said that.. 1 shouldn't be paranoid and get worried about such little things..you can always send them for cleaning anyway..

bro, it's true. No matter you change lens or not, and it's impractical to not change lens whatever, there still will be dust. Btw, your nick sometimes will invite some unnecessary comments. :(

Actually i find it really funny.. Many people are just too paranoid and afraid of anything that could/will happen to their precious cameras equipment.

Yea.. i understand they arent cheap stuff..(but seriously infact those who shoot with the expansive/pro series dont seems care as much more than those using the normal ones..but lets not go into that). They are bought to be used...They are made to be able to take up certain amount of abuse..i mean..come on..they are not made of TOFU..

There are more important things in life you need to worry. and also..if getting something will make you worry so much..then you better off dont get it. Period.

no i'm not. i'm correcting your english :p

bro, it's true. No matter you change lens or not, and it's impractical to not change lens whatever, there still will be dust. Btw, your nick sometimes will invite some unnecessary comments. :(

hi Mr Bond :bsmilie:

Actually i find it really funny.. Many people are just too paranoid and afraid of anything that could/will happen to their precious cameras equipment.

Yea.. i understand they arent cheap stuff..(but seriously infact those who shoot with the expansive/pro series dont seems care as much more than those using the normal ones..but lets not go into that). They are bought to be used...They are made to be able to take up certain amount of abuse..i mean..come on..they are not made of TOFU..

There are more important things in life you need to worry. and also..if getting something will make you worry so much..then you better off dont get it. Period.

verily thee speaketh the truth.

dust will inevitably settle on everything. your 10 year old lens will definitely have more dust inside than compared to when you first bought it.

you have to clean your camera every now and then.

i remember the recent Sony DSLR Cleaning service.. i was hanging around waiting for my turn when i noticed that some kan cheong spiders brought along their brand new A77s and A65s to clean :bsmilie:

talk about insecurity

any ideas????

Dust is the cleanest thing that got onto my camera. a million other filthy things have landed on my camera. thoroughly disinfect, move on to next shoot.

spend your time shooting, theres no time to mull over a dirty camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.