will dslr spoilt when put thru immigration scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripoffhustler

Dec 2, 2009
Would like to ask will dslr spoilt when put thru immigration scanner.
I will be putting the camera inside my bag.

no it will not.

Yah it won't. I was quite afraid it will too since i'm a noob, so i requested that the Immigrations officer visually inspect. Rude bugger refused and put it through the machine. It didn't spoil.

But then again, they used to say that CT scans are safe for people. Only recently have they found increased incidences of cancer development in people who have done CT scans. So, oh well. I shall not 钻牛角尖. haha.

As what i know it will only affect people that still uses film. The unprocessed film will be fog. Scanner from airport scanners don't affect digital camera images or film that has already been processed.

As what i know it will only affect people that still uses film. The unprocessed film will be fog. Scanner from airport scanners don't affect digital camera images or film that has already been processed.

hmm....u sure about it will affect film??? Anyone else can confirm?

I thought nowadays most scanners are film safe even for film cameras? :confused:

are you sure it affects film? From my experience, the film still work ok going pass the scanners. Both used and unused.

Do you worry when you put your pns through the scanner?

I think films up to asa 1600 should be fine... 800 if you wanna play safe.

Wouldn't there be a HUGE warning sign if this were the case? Wouldn't ICA put up MASSIVE warning stickers and disclaimer signs to avoid being sued by camera owners for damaging their gear? If even laptops, mobile phones and other electronic equipment goes through the scanner undamaged what makes you think that suddenly a DSLR will be at risk?

Most definitely won't spoilt... mine got scanned numerous times when taking the subway in Beijing a month ago and it is still working fine till today... In case you are wondering, it is a requirement to scan all bags when taking the subway there ;)

Radiations from the General scanner the customs are using have very low radioactive dispersion from the machine, thus very safe. More like those General X-Rays machines for normal body check ups. Mine went through like 6 times this year and no problems so far as I'm still snapping away happily ;).

Don't worry. its safer than not keeping your camera in a dry box ;)

hmm....u sure about it will affect film??? Anyone else can confirm?

last time probably, however with recent incidence of terorrism, we can't assume any increased of x-ray intensity which may harm the Film but yet still be harmless to humans.

If you use a Lead bag, the customs officer will see a black patch. he can either increase the intensity or request for hand inspection. I will normally ask kindly if they can hand inspect. So far the score for singapore customs is 2-0 (2 being able to hand inspect) and malaysian customs 1-1.

spoil or not isn't your say, when it comes through to the scanning, when lives are at stake, there is no argument or compromise on this manner. So long as there isn't a huge complain or equipment failure after xray passes, we aren't at any bargaining end to determine what shd and shd not pass through the scanner. So i'm guessing your DSLR is save at the moment :p

i believe as the dslr manufacturer, such thing has already been factored, in the design or one of the tests before selling to public just like any of the features ex. weather sealing

Most modern airports are now equipped with film safe scanners. Back in the 80s if you go to china, you may have to watch out. Now, your film is practically safe anywhere in the world.

DSLR of course no problem.

What is the alternative? Leave your DSLR at home? Don't worry, it will be fine.

Most modern airports are now equipped with film safe scanners. Back in the 80s if you go to china, you may have to watch out. Now, your film is practically safe anywhere in the world.

DSLR of course no problem.
But it seems strange.. When people are changing from film to digital, then they make it film safe scanners.. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.